Recent

Author Topic: How are images saved in the binary?  (Read 1623 times)

dietmar

How are images saved in the binary?
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:07:45 pm »
Hi,

I have a question regarding how images are saved in the (with Lazarus generated) binary file.
Assume I have some pics that I want to be placed in forms and they are in e.g. JPG format.
JPG/PNG etc. have EXIF or similar information stored in the image file, which contains sensible data (Location, date/time for example).

Does Lazarus store this in an other format during compilation (e.g. BMP which does not have this extra information)? Or do I have to manually delete all sensible addition information stored in the image before compiling)?

Thanks!
Dietmar

Lazarus: 1.6.4
Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 with FPC 3.2.2 (32 Bit) on Windows10 (64Bit)

ChrisF

Re: How are images saved in the binary?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:29:38 pm »
AFAIK, image files are stored unmodified into the .lfm files (if you load an image in a TImage.Picture property at design time in the IDE for instance - so, also stored unmodified into the resource data of your final executable file).

So, the answer to your question is : yes, you have to remove sensible data first, prior to incorporate your image files into your project  data (i.e. into your picture in the Lazarus IDE at design time, for instance; or also "directly", as external resources).

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:58:25 pm by ChrisF »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018