Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.8  (Read 73911 times)

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
Re: Lazarus Release Canditate 1 of 1.8
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2017, 08:14:27 pm »
I can confirm, even with Laz trunk (win 10/64 bit, Laz-trunk/fpc3.02/32 bit). Is there a valid bug report for it?

Maybe, but such example is needed to fix it...or open new one and attach example from above screenshoot.

ermeneuta

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2017, 12:17:18 am »
Tried today to install fpc + lazarus on Linux Mint 18.1
fpc_3.0.3-r36152_i386.deb  installed without problems.
fpc-src_3.0.3-r36152_i386.deb also installed without problems.
lazarus-project_1.8.0RC1-0_i386.deb gave this error message :

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: fpc(=3.0.3) | fp-compiler (=3.0.3)

What can I do ?  Thanks

Al
Problem solved, though I don't know how and why....
I simply reformatted the partition, reinstalled Mint 18.1 from scratch, then, before trying to install fpc and lazarus, did an apt update and an apt dist-upgrade...  this time both fpc and lazarus installed without fusses, and my program did compile and run correctly.

Still have to understand why some lcl components do show differently when the program is executed under a different distribution of Linux, but this a topic for another forum...

Al

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2017, 09:22:34 am »
Still have to understand why some lcl components do show differently when the program is executed under a different distribution of Linux, but this a topic for another forum..
Because themes for GTK2 are different in those distributions. LCL uses native controls instead of custom drawing them.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

ermeneuta

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2017, 04:52:22 pm »
Still have to understand why some lcl components do show differently when the program is executed under a different distribution of Linux, but this a topic for another forum..
Because themes for GTK2 are different in those distributions. LCL uses native controls instead of custom drawing them.
Thanks for the explanation. At this point, is there anything I can do to be reasonably sure that my program behaves exactly, or almost exactly, on the users' machines as it does on mine ? Are those GTK2 themes changeable programmatically ?

TNX

Al

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2017, 05:29:59 pm »
Use fpGUI?

Bart

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2017, 05:35:37 pm »
Or ownerdrawn
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2017, 05:42:44 pm »

Thanks for the explanation. At this point, is there anything I can do to be reasonably sure that my program behaves exactly, or almost exactly, on the users' machines as it does on mine ? Are those GTK2 themes changeable programmatically ?

TNX

Al

Maybe yes, google for $HOME/.gtkrc or similar names...maybe $HOME/.gtk2rc ...

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
Are those GTK2 themes changeable programmatically ?
No. They idea is that a user can customise his environment as he pleases.
All applications should follow the customised theme and thus look consistent.
A themable desktop system is a good thing, I don't know why anybody would want to make an alien looking app which does not respect the user settings.

Linux distributions by definition are diverse because of competing desktop and widget systems.
Even so there is effort to get consistent look between applications. For example my KDE has specific settings for GTK+ applications, and they look more or less like KDE apps do. Their level of desktop integration obviously does not match with the real KDE apps.
Other desktop environments have similar efforts.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

ermeneuta

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2017, 06:53:16 pm »
A themable desktop system is a good thing, I don't know why anybody would want to make an alien looking app which does not respect the user settings.
The problem is that, using Linux Mint 18.1 and Lazarus 1.8 RC1, I wrote a program with a couple of sliders, which I set of color Silver.
When run on different distribution, the sliders were of color black, thus not visible on the form background, also black....

Al

Thaddy

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2017, 09:11:09 pm »
The problem is that, using Linux Mint 18.1 and Lazarus 1.8 RC1, I wrote a program with a couple of sliders, which I set of color Silver.
When run on different distribution, the sliders were of color black, thus not visible on the form background, also black....

Al
Then install the proper dependencies, silly < not only grumpy but really angry >:D >:D>  Oh, well, it's not like the olden days for grumpy old man that happen to know about , well,nix (which means "nothing" in Dutch)  O:-) 8-) :-* :-X
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

mogenslarsen

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:22 am »
Hello! I have a computer with 32-bit Windows. I wanted to compile for Win64.

I have installed the compiler:
lazarus-1.8RC1-fpc-3.0.2-win32.exe
Then I installed the cross-compiler:
lazarus-1.8RC1-fpc-3.0.2-cross-x86_64-win64-win32.exe

I lauched Lazarus and pressed F9. The default Project1 compiled and run successively.
Then I choose Project -> Project Options -> Compiler Options -> Config and Target -> Target OS (-T) -> Win64 -> OK.

The following warning appeared:
[Warning]
The current FPC has no config file. It will probably miss some units. Check your installation of fpc.
[OK] [Ignore]

And when I attempted to compile, the following errormessage appeared:
Compile package FCL 1.0.1: Exit code 1, Errors: 1
Error: Illegal parameter: -Twin64
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:39:12 am by mogenslarsen »

Thaddy

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2017, 08:35:26 am »
Did you also compile everything for win64? rtl, fcl, packages?

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:13 am »
@Thaddy: that's normally part of the lazarus-1.8RC1-fpc-3.0.2-cross-x86_64-win64-win32.exe package
but
@mogenslarsen: You only mentioned the win64 did you also set the the TargetCPU to x86_64 ?
 [edit] Because i386_win64 is an illegal combination (Maybe a better Message : Illegal parameter -Twin64 in combination with -Pi386 would help)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:44:41 am by jc99 »
OS: Win XP x64, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win 10, Win 10 x64, Suse Linux 13.2
Laz: 1.4 - 1.8.4, 2.0
https://github.com/joecare99/public
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are
If you want to do something for the environment: Twitter: #reduceCO2 or
https://www.betterplace.me/klimawandel-stoppen-co-ueber-preis-reduzieren

mogenslarsen

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »
Thank you. After I changed "Target CPU family (-P)" from default to x86_64 the problem was solved.
By the way, I need not to change "Target processor (-Cp)" from default. It seems to be inconsistent and confusing for me as a novice.

ermeneuta

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2017, 01:07:55 am »
Use fpGUI?

Bart
Sorry for being so dumb, but I tried without much success...
I followed the instructions in the  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpGUI_Interface page,
my project compiled up to a given point, then an error message appeared, saying :

fpguiwscalendar.pp(38,28) Error: Identifier not found "TWSCalendar"

Maybe I missed some important steps ?

TNX

Al

TinyPortal © 2005-2018