Recent

Author Topic: USB HID DLL works fine in Delphi but returns false values in Lazarus !!  (Read 5231 times)

SomeOne

Hi Guys !
I am experiencing a weird problem in Lazarus. I am using a DLL created by J.W. Beunders to communicate with HID devices. It came with examples written in Delphi and works fine but after converting them to Lazarus it returns false values of the Vendors ID (VID), Product ID (PID) and also the ManufacturerString and  ProductString.
I tried to use the DLL in a separate program directly in Lazarus but the problem remains the same !!

Here is a a download link to the DLL in question with examples in Delphi:
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/view/528/usb-hid-dll-for-delphi-and-perhaps-other-languages

Any idea?
Thank you in advance,
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:56:28 pm by SomeOne »

SomeOne

@DonAlfredo
Thank you very much. I'll give it a try !

SomeOne

Re:
I have tried the library in your link. At the beginning, I had a difficulty because the compiler couldn't find the file "JclUnicode.res" in the folder: "jcl\jcl\source\common". There was the file "JclUnicode.rc" instead. So I used the MS-DOS prompt to convert it to *.res with the command "BRCC32 file.rc".
Then the program ran properly except that it doesn't display the vendor name and the product name, but for the VID and the PID it's okay.

Do you have an idea of the problem?

SomeOne

Re:
Finally I was able to fix it, it was just a programming issue.

Thank you again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018