Recent

Author Topic: [solved] Projects in C:\lazarus\examples - gridexamples\title_images  (Read 5277 times)

PeterX

Title Images do not appear on start.
Adding FormShow() helps ..

procedure TForm1.FormShow(Sender: TObject);
begin
  StringGrid1.Columns[0].Title.ImageIndex := 0;
  StringGrid1.Columns[1].Title.ImageIndex := 0;
end;
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:03:05 pm by PeterX »
usually using latest Lazarus release version with Windows 10

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Projects in C:\lazarus\examples - gridexamples\title_images
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:17:52 pm »
Sorry PeterX but I need patches now. There are many changes and I will not do detective work about what change is needed where.
The diff format used in patches is made just for this purpose.
It can be one big patch or many small, I don't care. You can deliver it as you wish. Here maybe.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

PeterX

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:29:45 pm »
8c8
<   SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Grids, ExtCtrls, Classes;
---
>   SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Grids, ExtCtrls;
18d17
<     procedure FormShow(Sender: TObject);
52,57d50
< end;
<
< procedure TForm1.FormShow(Sender: TObject);
< begin
<   StringGrid1.Columns[0].Title.ImageIndex := 0;
<   StringGrid1.Columns[1].Title.ImageIndex := 0;

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »
Can you please create a patch of all your changes in all the example projects. Something that the "patch" command accepts.
"svn diff" or "git format-patch".

wp

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 10:19:05 pm »
@Juha: I could take care of these issues with the examples, if you agree. You are involved in more important topics...

@PeterX: Fixed in r43875. I also added code to adjust the height of the header row depending on the title image position.

As for the patches: Juha is right, providing a proper patch helps the reviewer to better understand the changes made by the user (but your description in this thread was very clear nevertheless).

I assume that you are on Windows: Install TortoiseSVN and install Lazarus trunk - this is the most-up-to-date development version of Lazarus. The installation of the trunk version is described here: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_from_source_starting_with_a_stable_release. You can install this version as a secondary version in addition to the version that you normally use.

When you found a bug work with the trunk version of Lazarus to fix it, i.e. the modified files are those of the recent revision. When you are finished and your fix is working correctly, right-click on the Lazarus-trunk folder and select "TortoiseSVN" > "Create patch...". This creates the patch file Juha is talking of - it contains the differences of your local version to the version in the svn repository. Upload the patch file to the bugtracker, but the forum is ok as well. Strictly speaking the bugtracker would be better because the reason why a code change has been made is better documented - but with the sample projects this is not so important, and I will add a link to the foum discussion to the svn commit log anyway. (Sometimes new users don't understand what the bugtracker is good for and are putting their programming issues into the bugtracker - then the developer usually tells the user to discuss the issue in the forum or mailing list first).

In order catch the recent version of the Lazarus sources from the server right-click on the Lazarus folder again and select "TortoiseSVN Update". Depending on when you last updated the download will be very fast. In most cases you can use the new version immediately because Lazarus will notice the changed units automatically. However, if published properties were changed or if the IDE was changed you must rebuild the IDE (Menu "Tools" > "Build Lazarus with profile...").

Always update your local repository before changing anything. Otherwise you may sometimes experience  conflicts between your version and the server version. In the update log messages, right-click these messages and select an option to "resolve the conflict".

All this sound more difficult than it really is. But believe me, it is really simple. A version control system like svn is the most useful tool in software development.

PeterX

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 11:31:23 pm »
Thanks, WP.

Yes, I am on Windows.

But I am in a very special exhausting personal and business situation at the same time.
I am currently on an enterprise client, no time at all to work on my own code / projects.
I cannot install every software I would like to ...
So I cannot do what I want inside this locked up business network.

In business pauses I appreciate being still alive myself
and happy to help out if possible anyhow.
Lazarus gave me so much input.

I now simply try to give back something
all You guys out there have
put into this great project called LAZARUS.

Please keep on working on this great thing.

wp

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 11:49:36 pm »
But I am in a very special exhausting personal and business situation at the same time.
I am currently on an enterprise client, no time at all to work on my own code / projects.
I cannot install every software I would like to ...
So I cannot do what I want inside this locked up business network.
If using TortoiseSVN or the bugtracker is not possible for whatever reason - no problem, just do what you can. The only really important thing is that I get a good description of the issue and how to reproduce it - but everything was fine with your posts anyway.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 02:12:01 pm »
@Juha: I could take care of these issues with the examples, if you agree.
Yes, thanks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018