Recent

Author Topic: [ANN] GLScene for Lazarus 1.6.2 and up  (Read 11770 times)

dicepd

Re: [ANN] GLScene for Lazarus 1.6.2 and up
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 08:35:11 am »
If I try to use Project->New with any of the GLScene project templates, none will compile without manually adding LCL and GLScene_RunTime to the required packages in the project inspector.

A suggestion for the project Templates which show a cube, the addition of a GLSimpleNavigation, which would allow spinning of the cube out of the box, would give new users a 'look it all works' feeling.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:52:48 am by dicepd »
Lazarus 1.8rc5 Win64 / Linux gtk2 64 / FreeBSD qt4

dicepd

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 09:37:03 am »
Fix for project new issue above:

In GLSceneFormDesign around line 288 change
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.  AProject.AddPackageDependency('GLScene_DesignTime');

to
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.  AProject.AddPackageDependency('GLScene_DesignTime');
  2.  AProject.AddPackageDependency('GLScene_RunTime');
  3.  AProject.AddPackageDependency('LCL');            

Peter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:47:25 am by dicepd »
Lazarus 1.8rc5 Win64 / Linux gtk2 64 / FreeBSD qt4

jcaser1948

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 02:05:57 pm »
Great post guys!

Withall those corrections, I managed to install GLSceneLCL in my OpensuseLinux Leap 42.364 bit
Thanks

marcou

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 01:46:26 pm »
Hello,

as recommended, I post here some remarks about installation of GLScene with Lazarus1.8 + FPC3.0.4 + MacOX High Sierra.

While trying to install the package, I got the following errors:
Error: assembler: error: unsupported directive '.stabs'. Hint: Use another type of debug info.

I was compiling from the Package Manager. I tried to compile with Dwarf/Dwarf2 option, or without debugging information at all without success. I also tried to pass the -gw option through the personalized options. No success.

It happens that the errors were generated by the package ImagesForLazarus that is currently shipped with Lazarus1.8. This package is precompiled using -gs (stabs) debugger information. As mentioned in the forum previously, stabs are not supported with new versions of xCode, thus it induces this kind of errors.

The solution is, for mac users, to recompile the package ImagesForLazarus first using debugger information "automatic" (option -g) before any attempt to compile the packages from GLScene. This will certainly be corrected very soon by the Lazarus team.

Ciao,
Gilles Marcou

marcou

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 05:35:40 pm »
This is a small update for those interested in GLScene on Mac.

1/ Be sure that packages ImagesForLazarus is compiled with debugger information set to automatic (-g).
2/ You need to change GlFileX to GLFileX everywhere and rename GlFileX.pas to GLFilesX.pas
3/ In the unit FGuiSkinEditor change in the uses instruction:

Windows,

by

LCLType, LCLintf, LMessages,
  {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
  Windows, messages,
  {$ENDIF}

There are remaining issues with GLScene_OpenAL, but GLScene_RunTime and GLScene_DesignTime are compiling. However, the Lazarus package maintainer, Jerom.D, is very responsive and the next commit will include these corrections and solve the remaining GLScene_OpenAL issues.

Ciao,
Gilles Marcou

TinyPortal © 2005-2018