Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Patched FV to compile in ObjFPC

(1/3) > >>

jc99:
Hi if anyone is interested, I made a patched version of FV to be able to compile it in objfpc-mode, partly with ansistrings.
With IDE.patch you could patch the ide to get it to compile with the patched FV in objfpc-mode
Both projects now have a .lpi/.lpk so they are easily compilable in lazarus.

[EDIT]
Now also on GitHub:
https://github.com/joecare99/Public/tree/master/Projects

marcov:
afaik freepascal supports setlength also for shortstring so probably those ifdefs are not even necessary.

jc99:
You are probably right, i just wanted to keep the old code as much as possible.
I made the suggestion to change string_var[0] to setlength(string_var) in orginal FV but got only negative response ...

marcov:
With the demise of GPC and VP that is all moot I guess. Delphi, the only other candidate also allows setlength on shortstring.

I can't even remember anything attempting to work on FV sources with TP.

I had some free time, and I cleaned some easy ones in the textmode ide. Some, like the one in fpdesk, are more involved.

marcov:
I fixed some more cases in ide/ (while waiting for svn merge operations to complete),  FV is more complicated so that might require a bit more time and more careful attention.

Btw, defining a separate string type in FV that is equal to FV's stringtype  (shortstring or ansistring) could get rid of the other ifdefs in IDE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version