Recent

Author Topic: How to make Application Icon work  (Read 2802 times)

HatForCat

How to make Application Icon work
« on: April 26, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
Hi, Ubuntu and Application Icon. I have save several sized-versions of the .ico in the /usr/share/pixmaps Folder and have loaded one into the Project Options. After a compile it still shows the Ubuntu-default gray square with a question mark.

I also tried a .png version of the icon but still nothing. The Icons I load do not move the little slider beneath the icon.

When I click "Load Default Icon" it loads the Lazarus one and the little slider below moves to 128. But, after a compile it still shows the Ubuntu-default question mark version in Unity.

How do I get my Application icon to work?

Life can be hard with Linux! :)
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

Phil

Re: How to make Application Icon work
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »
Hi, Ubuntu and Application Icon. I have save several sized-versions of the .ico in the /usr/share/pixmaps Folder

Try creating a new project with this package. The project will also include an installer script for creating a .deb file for your app. Install the .deb file and see if the app's default icon behaves the way you expect. If so, see what you're doing different.

https://macpgmr.github.io/MacXPlatform/LazXProj.html

HatForCat

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:17 pm »
Try creating a new project with this package. The project will also include an installer script for creating a .deb file for your app. Install the .deb file and see if the app's default icon behaves the way you expect. If so, see what you're doing different.

Nope. Still no icon.

Thanks for trying.

Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

Phil

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 12:22:08 am »
Nope. Still no icon.

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. Where do you expect to see your icon?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018