Recent

Author Topic: Unable to install BGRA controls  (Read 4897 times)

metal mark

Unable to install BGRA controls
« on: April 23, 2017, 06:16:41 pm »
Hi all, a little advice please.
I am trying to install BGRA controls to play with the guage,s it contains. I have downloaded  BGRA controls and it shows as available in the Install panel. when I click on it it then shows in the installed panel. So far so good. I then click on the save and rebuild button it says :-
Ambiguous units found.
1 "C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\customdrawn\android\ini.pas from LCL 1.6.4

2"C\users\xxxxx xxxx\desktop\BGRA\bgracontrols-master\bg...\ini.pas from bgracontrols 4.3.1.2

Looks like I have done something wrong somewhere, any advice would be greatly appreciated as cant find any tutorials or similar posts on this problem.
Ta MM

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Unable to install BGRA controls
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:01:51 pm »
bgra controls doesn't come with ini.pas

a similar name could be jni.pas, but is not installed with the package, is only in a project

metal mark

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:35 am »
Thank you for your reply and I appreciate you advise but i dont see how that helps. I have been trying for hours now and still cant get  bgracontrols into lazarus. I have found something called 'online package manager' which looks just right for doing the job. However the installation instructions say look for it in Install/uninstall and select it, but its not there  :o. You have produced a superb IDE that is a boon to learning programmers  but the information needed to get things running is very very off putting.
Am i correct in saying that Online packet manager is not available for the version of Lazarus I am running (1.6.4). Floundering now  %)
Regards MM

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:36:58 am »
Hi metal mark,

For Lazarus 1.6.4 you can download OPM from here(you need FPC 3.0.0): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Me_c5onmWoLUJmYUNwc0ItVkk
1. Unpack OPM to $(LazarusDir)\Component folder
2. Compile/Install OPM
3. Delete the old BGRA folder
4. Install BGRA from the repository
5. Update BGRA from the package maintainer site(optional)

For more info please read: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »
Thank you for your reply and I appreciate you advise but i dont see how that helps.

What I say is that how is possible that the IDE or the Compiler tells you about that file (jni.pas) because at first time that's not supposed to get installed!

Try deleting the folder bgra_pascalscript_library and try again.

metal mark

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:19:31 pm »
Well getting a little further towards my goal, however having followed the advice I now have lazaruspackagemanager installed when I try to use it :-
1..... Clicking on buttons causes an error message "fpc package manager encountered the following error" and when OK,d "Could not find a fpc executable in the PATH."

2.....if I put BGRAcontrols in the search and click search nothing happens.

Your thoughts please.
Regards MM.

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 06:31:55 pm »
@metal mark
Are you sure you installed OPM(see screenshot)? Because those error messages make no sense.

metal mark

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 06:58:00 pm »
Hi GetMem,
Thankyou for getting back so quickly. I downloaded the package manager your link pointed to, it is called fpc kg and looks nothing like the one you are showing. I assumed it was an old version compatible with Laz 1.6.4 !
Thanks MM.

balazsszekely

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:13:47 pm »
@metal mark

I double-checked the link(https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Me_c5onmWoLUJmYUNwc0ItVkk) it points to onlinepackagemanager.zip.
After unzip, open/compile/install onlinepackagemanager.lpk, then you can access OPM from Lazarus Menu-->Package-->Online Package Manger.

metal mark

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 02:23:08 pm »
SOLVED - It worked.
Thank you for your advice, it was me being a bit dim that slowed things up. Don't know how I managed to download the wrong package manager but ha ho got the right one this time. Working out how to compile and install the package took some time but got there. Just need to do the same on my Raspberry Pi and get rpi_hal working on it so that  I can get my pressure gauge and pressure senser system working. A click  by click paper on this would be awfully useful for old foggies like me, where would I put that if I can one done.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Kind regards MM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018