Forum > Windows

Strange problem with FPC 3.0.2

(1/3) > >>

even:
I installed the 3.0.2 version of the free pascal compiler on my desktop(Windows 10-x64), there was a very strange question: when testing the console program, I entered a number in the console and press Enter, the cursor jumped back to the beginning of the line and didn't wrap to the next line, Ctrl+C break function didn't work too. please help ...

Thaddy:
I just tested the 3.0.2 fp.exe from the official distribution on windows 10.1 64 and it works fine. That version is a 32 bit executable one of course.
To stop the ide you do not use ctrl-c but alt-x by the way. ctrl-c is intentionally intercepted.

even:
Thanks, I also tested version 3.0.0 and had the same results on my desktop, It seems "Enter" didn't wrap to new line in console program and Ctrl-C resulted "^C". But it does work fine on my laptop which is also window 10 x64.  :'(

even:
I found that someone on the Internet had the same problem, but there was no solution.

Thaddy:
I also built a 64 bit version. Same thing: everything works as expected on windows 10.1 64 bit.
Try re-downloading and re-installing FPC and use only an official installer from here http://www.freepascal.org/download.var

If you found something on the internet and it is NOT on this forum, plz provide a link: there's lots of bogus info around and you will find many experts - if not all - only here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version