Recent

Author Topic: How can I help promote and advance Lazarus?  (Read 8600 times)

tan

Re: How can I help promote and advance Lazarus?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:13 am »

The Pascal -> JavaScript compiler is the only activity I know of.
I was hoping to see effort for public relations and public visibility. That's what foundations around other FOSS projects do. You can see my frustrated comment about that in the foundation's Google+ page. The foundation members didn't even bother to reply.

Anyway "tan", if you are good at business you might be good at PR, too.
FPC and Lazarus projects are almost invisible to outside world, please make it your task to improve the situation.

FP/Laz seems like it might be one of the biggest secrets on the internet and in the programming world in general.  I've been seeking a  GUI-included, solid, fast, readable, Linux supported database-friendly programming languages for over a year.  And in all that time Lazarus never came up.  I think I heard mention there was a "free pascal" out there somewhere -- but I've heard there is a free COBOL for Linux, too, and I put it in the same category as far as being a path to the future.

I couldn't have been more surprised at what I found when I finally saw an article on reddit about Lazarus and THEN saw some videos of Lazarus development and THEN downloaded a batteries included implementation for Windows.  And then opened it.  Wow!!!

Anyway, as I said, I need to explore Lazarus under Linux a bit before I can unequivocally commit,  but if it seems solid enough I will begin to roll it out in my business and I then will try to put some real effort into promoting it.  I sure would like to get a better idea on the vision of the core developers.  I think that is essential to promotion and building energy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018