Author Topic: Area series, how to remove vertical lines  (Read 515 times)

arneolav

• ElTranslador
Area series, how to remove vertical lines
« on: March 16, 2017, 09:02:10 pm »
Hi!
I'v implementet Area series, ok.
In some cases, many y-values results in a lot of unwanted stacked lines (vertical lines),

In documation:
These y values are drawn in a stacked way if the property Stacked is set to true (by default).

I'm not able to find in any documentation nor examples the syntax of how to set stacked (vertical lines)  in Area series to false.
any?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:05:32 pm by arneolav »
Win XP, Win7, Win 10 win32 , Lazarus 1.64 
Delphi/DevExpress

wp

Re: Area series, how to set stacked to false
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
You mention vertical bars being drawn for each data point. This has nothing to do with this Stacked property. If you don't like these lines (like me) then you should switch the PenStyle of the AxisLinePen to psClear (this property is responsible for drawing of the vertical lines).

The property Stacked is a new feature added recently, it is not available in Lazarus 1.6.4. Stacked=true is the standard behavior of the old versions and means that several y values are added on top of each other. If Stacked = false then the y values are plotted without this vertical offset,

BTW: Multiple y values used for stacking of area series should be positive. If a value is negative it would be plotted below the preceding y value. Due to the way how ChartStyles work (which you need to colorize the individual stack levels) this will lead to incorrect painting of the areas.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.0 / Win32

arneolav

• ElTranslador
Re: Area series, how to set stacked to false
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:19:01 pm »
Thanks, exactly as I want it:
TAreaSeries(ASeries).AreaLinesPen.Style:=  psClear
Win XP, Win7, Win 10 win32 , Lazarus 1.64 
Delphi/DevExpress

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus