Recent

Author Topic: When I click on the component palette the Form is resized to the default size  (Read 5304 times)

Tebo Software

Good Morning

When I click on the component palette the Form is resized to the default size and even if I resize it again, clicking it again returns to the default size.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I'm using Lazarus 1.6.4 on Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon.

Thanks

knuckles

If you looked a few posts down you would have seen my old thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,35218.0.html  :D

I haven't used Linux since but I remember fixing this issue by installing anchor docking and sparta docked form editor packages.

dogriz

I've noticed that, too, on some older version of Mint/Cinnamon. My solution was to switch back to good old Debian Xfce (for many other reasons, not just this problem).
FPC 3.2.2
Lazarus 2.2.4
Debian x86_64, arm

xiximitho

I had the same problem on arch linux and linux mint. In both I used Cinnamon interface (GTK3) , so i changed to XFCE4 (GTK2) and KDE (QT) and this bug does not appear anymore. One of these methods may solve your problem: Change your interface (I think you're not going to do this).
Or change the LCL of your project to QT (QT is better than GTK, my opinion).

!!!! IN EXTREMELY NECESSITY you can change the LCL of your project to GTK3 (GTK3 is beta on lazarus and i don't know if this can solve your problem).

Sorry for my bad english. :D 

jufcatto

I have the same problem. The form returns to its original size when click on a palette component.

This comportament only ocurrs in linux mint with cinnamon and gtk-2.

When compile lazarus IDE for qt this problem disappears but others come in. For example, the packages Paslibvlc and lazvlc doesn't work.

Thanks for some help.

Ondrej Pokorny

AFAIK it's fixed in trunk and the fix will be in 1.8 rc2. Please retest there.

jufcatto

Thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018