Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6.4 does not starts  (Read 2936 times)

sestrem

Lazarus 1.6.4 does not starts
« on: March 13, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
I had Lazarus 1.2.6 installed. I uninstalled it to proceed the installation of Lazarus 1.6.4. The installation was completed without problems. But now, when I start the Lazarus I get this frozen screen (attached). It's a Brazilian Portuguese version.

eny

Re: Lazarus 1.6.4 does not starts
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:22:16 pm »
Did you also completely delete the settings folder for 1.2.6?
That might help.
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:30:17 pm »
Edit the shortcut to lazarus and add the command line option

--debug-log=c:\laz.log

maybe that will reveal something.

-------
As for the config of your old install, the new installer can remove it for you. But you must set a checkbox during installation.

Or look in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\lazarus
you can backup the folder, and if deleting the content solves the issue, you can restore some of the files.

wp

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:43:19 pm »
This screenshot looks strange. Why is the current directory (.\) in this edit box? It should show the absolute directory containing lazarus.exe. If you double-click on a pas or project file somewhere in your project folders the Windows short cut will start Lazarus, but Lazarus will not find all its files because they are not in the current folder.

Navigate to the folder which contains Lazarus.exe and start Lazarus by doubleclicking on its exe. If my theory is correct Lazarus should start from here. Then you should open "Tools" / "Options" and go to "Files". Enter the directory containing Lazarus.exe in the input box "Lazarus directory". Make sure that the other directories are correct as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018