Recent

Author Topic: Options menu flashes constantly  (Read 15010 times)

mars

Re: Options menu flashes constantly
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 08:12:22 am »
You trying break through the open door.
You just not quite understood what they told you.
I'll try to explain a little more detail.
First read about version numbering: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Version_Numbering

Now explanation: ...

Excuse. No comments. Read the previous message.

balazsszekely

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 08:29:15 am »
@mars
You must be joking.  :(

Excuse me, again, for imagining that the authors of the system know what they are doing.
Just open $(LazarusDir)\IDE\lazarus.lpi and see for yourself how big the IDE really is.

The Delphi authors do not say they do not know where the error lies.
Delphi authors do not make mock requests or comments from users.
Delphi authors a paid programmers. FPC/Lazarus developers on the other hand are volunteers, working for free, spending countless hours developing, debugging, etc...

I tried to spread Lazarus, but I wasted my time.
Thank you very much for all the information, hoping that there are no snippy answers and I will recommend Delphi to my students.
Seriously how old are you? You're acting like a kid.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 09:04:34 am »
That's generally the case with geriatric programmers. (No offence, I lost some eyesight as well) Their keyboard still works but the're not capable of RTFM anymore.
There's one other thing: (I suffer from the same thing as well, and I just started in 1978) They loose hearing - in my case caused by 40 years of Marshall stack -, so they are not capable of listening to sound advice.
I would advice him to select a large font -even with glasses on - and buy a hearing aid. O:-) Just in case: to enlarge text on a modern tablet you spread two fingers, don't use a chalk or crayon.
And don't use a monitor that is too large for your neck-muscles.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:10:30 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

mars

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:38 am »
GetMem. 1,528 posts per day. WOW!

Another Hero.

Read my previous posts.

Read, read and read.

Do not be another precipitate, answering without even knowing about what you say.

If I've been programming since 1970, you can easily imagine my age.

Do not be a child by saying that I am acting as such.

I'm tired of hearing from Heroes that Lazarus is huge and that you can not find the mistakes.

I'm trying to help.

And the Heroes are trying to defend themselves.

What is going on?

Worse than that is when a Hero says: debug the source on your own and solve the problem.

What is this forum for? For Heroes to defend mistakes without even thinking before answering?

Read, think, read, think, read, think, even if the neurons get crazy. It's good. When I started programming, errors like these were inadmissible.

Stop it.

Since you asked my age, how old are you?

Comparing the authors of Delphi with the authors of Lazarus?

Child thing.

Nobody gets to do something, saying "it's free, so it does not have to be good."

I'm trying to cooperate, but if I'm not welcome, some big boy, like you, inform and I'm off.

That simple.

I want Lazarus to be great.
I want to tell my students that they should use Lazarus.
I want to help, but I can not bear to read ragged apologies.
Just this.

Answer smart things.

And I repeat what I wrote earlier: do not answer, if you do not have something useful to say.

mars

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 09:16:40 am »
Thaddy.

I'm trying to collaborate.

And here comes a clown as you go.

Now I get it.

Lazarus is a thing of brats and clowns like you.

More a fool who thinks the world started when you were born.

mars

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 09:25:38 am »
Thaddy.

Excuse.

You're a Hero, too.

Wow.

As a child, like the others.

I guess my senility did not allow me to notice.

mars

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 09:27:27 am »
Will any moderator of this Forum take action with the offenses clowns make?

Or is Lazarus himself a fool?

balazsszekely

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:05 am »
@mars

The sad part is you're a teacher. Anyway I'm detaching myself from this thread.

mars

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 09:34:36 am »
The sad part is the answers and the offenses that I receive in this Forum.

If everyone was here to collaborate, there would be no sad part.

mars

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 09:53:43 am »
Very good.

No answers and no ragged excuses.

But where are the moderators who do not check the offenses to those who want to collaborate?

Is it necessary to have an average of 1.5 messages per day and be Hero to be considered a good contributor?

Please do not answer.

The responses I received were all evasive or offensive.

Goodbye Lazarus.

I thought it would be good to recommend you to my students.

But there are many Heroes devoid of neurons.

Not all, but many. Unfortunately,

Very sad, but the world is like that.

Thaddy

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 10:34:56 am »
At least normally we have a emeritus style for professors here in the Netherlands for teaching professors after 72. Unless you had in the very late sixties access to computers(?) as a kid. Anyway, just have a laugh and try to explain what bothers you a little bit better. (I have a mode for your type of reaction, its called grumpy, just put "< Grumpy mode on: 
  >:D >:D > it is accepted)

If you still accept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat%27s_Last_Theorem as unsolvable  (as a life guidance) you've lost the plot
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:42:20 am by Thaddy »

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 10:49:20 am »
Buenos días a tod@s....

Dejando aparte piques  %) sobre quien es mejor o peor programando o experiencia / conocimiento.... :-X

Yo también he observado el parpadeo del menú, es un poco molesto.

No se si va asociado pero en un formulario que incluye bastantes dbedit dbmemo.... con bastante frecuencia el fondo se pone de color negro, también en los dbmemo. Minimizando y volviendo a maximizar hace el referesco y se vuelve a ver bien pero al rato suele suceder de nuevo.

Otras veces resalta el marco del componente sin más o pone en negro áreas del formulario. Esto hace bastante poco usable el programa.

Si es por algún paquete instalado no se cual puede ser, si se ha corregido para la próxima versión, bien venido sea ya que mientras puedo seguir avanzando el programa.

Dicho esto, desde que llevo utilizando Lazarus siempre he tenido alguna pega que molesta el resultado, pero lo que hay que comprender en todo momento es lo que se ha dicho:

Es un proyecto libre, hay gente que no solo lo utiliza sino que contribuye con parches o lo afianza, avanzando en sus características, otros que no tenemos tanto conocimiento agradecemos profundamente sus contribuciones y esperamos que quizá algún día podamos ayudar mas a hacer de FreePascal / Lazarus algo mejor.

A mars le diría que ya que indica una larga experiencia que es bien venido al proyecto  ::), donde tiene a su alcance todo el código fuente  O:-), algo muy valorable a nivel educativo, cosa que con Delphi es harto difícil. Las personas que desarrollan el conjunto no siempre están visibles y no es cuestion de heroes o villanos, que es una forma del foro de marcar una evolución en el mismo.

Como indica JuhaManninen ¿quien conoce todo el código? la solución a un problema puede estar en unas cuantas líneas de código pero hay que revisarse grandes bloques y entender como funcionan (no todos somos capaces de eso), eso es tiempo, dedicación y esperemos que un profesor como mars lo entienda y que transmita que se puede utilizar tanto Delphi como Lazarus y que pueden disfrutar de ambas opciones y aprender mucho de ellas, de forma que si quieren algún día contribuyan aquí. 8-).

Yo personalmente valoro mucho el esfuerzo y dedicación que año a año realizan las personas del proyecto haciéndolo posible, un equipo de gente sin el cual este sería un proyecto más olvidado.

Delphi está muy bien, para mi sin embargo en precio no es accesible  %) pero espero que siga muchos años en el mercado, me parece estupendo aparte que es un gran apoyo para FreePascal / Lazarus.

Espero que siga el buen rollito y paren los piques  :o , el resto de problemas de código seguro que se corrigen sobre la marcha que yo creo que nos interesa a todos que funcione lo mejor posible. :)

Saludos.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:29:33 am by jma_sp »
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

Thaddy

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 11:00:11 am »
- Long experience can make you blind for critisicm if it is not in the direction that you had in mind in the first place. Trump's syndrom.
- Juha certainly does not know everything. He knows part of the universe, - his own stellar system called UTF8 lazarus- extremely well, but hasn't got a sufficiently large telescope to look in-depth at the universe. (He knows that's both a compliment and critique)

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:29 pm »
Was my 2-lines post a trigger for all of this? Uhh  O:-)

Mars, for your information: we have a bug tracker mantis.freepascal.org and it has a search function. If you use it, you find http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30760 that states the bug was fixed in revision 54332. Then you open our online SVN viewer with that revision number http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&root=lazarus&revision=54332 and can see the changes http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/ide/sourcefilemanager.pas?root=lazarus&r1=54332&r2=54331&pathrev=54332.

No big thing. I hope you can search yourself the next time - I bet you spend less time searching than writing long posts about arrogant developers and forum heros :D

FTurtle

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 07:01:54 pm »
Just in case:

Revision: 54332
Author: ondrej
Date: 15:53:21, 3 марта 2017 г.
IDE: fix changed-conditions for source editor commands. Issue 30760
----
Modified : /trunk/ide/sourcefilemanager.pas

--- Temp/sourcefilemanager.pas-rev54331.svn000.tmp.pas
+++ Temp/sourcefilemanager.pas-rev54332.svn000.tmp.pas
@@ -524,11 +524,11 @@
 begin
   Result := not(
         (FSrcEdit = ASrcEdit)
-    and (ASrcEdit <> nil)
-    and (FSrcEditLocked = ASrcEdit.IsLocked)
-    and (FSourceNotebook = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook)
-    and (FPageIndex = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook.PageIndex)
-    and (FPageCount = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook.PageCount)
+    and ((ASrcEdit = nil) or (
+            (FSrcEditLocked = ASrcEdit.IsLocked)
+        and (FSourceNotebook = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook)
+        and (FPageIndex = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook.PageIndex)
+        and (FPageCount = ASrcEdit.SourceNotebook.PageCount)))
     );

if not Result then Exit;
@@ -550,10 +550,10 @@
 begin
   Result := not(
         (FSrcEdit = ASrcEdit)
-    and (ASrcEdit <> nil)
-    and (FDisplayState = ADisplayState)
-    and (FEditorComponentStamp = ASrcEdit.EditorComponent.ChangeStamp)
-    and (FEditorCaretStamp = ASrcEdit.EditorComponent.CaretStamp)
+    and ((ASrcEdit = nil) or (
+            (FDisplayState = ADisplayState)
+        and (FEditorComponentStamp = ASrcEdit.EditorComponent.ChangeStamp)
+        and (FEditorCaretStamp = ASrcEdit.EditorComponent.CaretStamp)))
     );

if not Result then Exit;

TinyPortal © 2005-2018