Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6.4 - Released  (Read 102139 times)

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
Re: Lazarus 1.6.4 - Released
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 10:06:38 pm »
Expect 1.8 soon :)

How soon?

Can't it go into fixes?
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

antispam88

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2017, 08:00:03 am »
Hi,

I have two bugs regarding this release concerning anchordocking.

I have discovered creating a debug desktop doesn't work when ide is maximised. If you activate another desktop for debugging, then you end up in an loop the gui elements are rearranged and after a while the ide stops working. You have to start with a not maximised ide, then it works correctly.

Another thing I recognized is that the bug that the Source Editor Window Manager doesn't close if you hit Esc. With anchordocking disabled it works like expected. This "feature" is there I think at least since 1.4.0. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Best regards,
antispam88

My system:
Win 10 64 prof.
Lazarus 1.6.4
FPC 3.0.2
AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5

georgebou

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:20 am »
Good job guys

rick2691

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 06:24:34 pm »
I use WinXP Pro, Service Pack 3.

I installed 1.6.4 and it appeared to be working. I then installed AncorDocking and it lost the Run and Switch to Form icons. By View I tried to find those tools, but I did not see anything that looked like them. I selected something that might be right and the installation crashed.

The message was very techy and I could not copy/paste the message. It would be good if those messages were copy active.

I had to uninstall 1.6.4 and go back to 1.4.4. It is the only version that doesn't have any issues.

Rick
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:30:11 pm by rick2691 »
Windows 11, LAZ 2.0.10, FPC 3.2.0, SVN 63526, i386-win32-win32/win64, using windows unit

loaded

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 06:32:44 am »
Very Very Thanks :)
Check out  loaded on Strava
https://www.strava.com/athletes/109391137

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 12:49:14 pm »
I installed 1.6.4 and it appeared to be working. I then installed AncorDocking and it lost the Run and Switch to Form icons. By View I tried to find those tools, but I did not see anything that looked like them. I selected something that might be right and the installation crashed.
Try with clean configuration. Lazarus 1.6.4 works for many people. It apparently does not have so serious bugs.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

rvk

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »
When switching to Anchordocking you might need to re-enable the Coolbar.
(it somehow gets deselected when choosing the anchordocking)

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 02:41:29 pm »
Yes, 1.6.x has the "When switching to Anchordocking desktop config gets lost" bug. It's fixed in 1.7, though.

But it's nothing really serious - rvk showed you how to re-enable the coolbar.

taazz

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2017, 01:12:53 am »
Exciting times, this one seems to be a very good release. Thank you every one keep up the good work.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2017, 09:11:00 am »
Hello taazz,

A good team = a good development  :)

Best Regards.
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

MISV

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2017, 02:16:54 am »
Has anyone else had problems with critical sections, specificly EnterCriticalSection and LeaveCriticalSection, blowing up when running on Mac and Lazarus 1.6.4?

I had the same code/logic running in Lazarus1.4.4/Mac and still have it running in Delphi2010/Windows, DelphiXE4/Windows, Lazarus1.6.4/Windows, but on now on Lazarus1.6.4/Mac it appears I have some code crashing (once I saw an EInOutError if that helps) when critical sections - usually I RunError2016 a address xxxxx

It may very well be my code - but it is a codebase that has been fairly stable and debugged for some years (although I do spend far most time on Windows) - but just wanted to hear if I were the only one or if here was a known issue?

Phil

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2017, 02:39:32 am »
Has anyone else had problems with critical sections, specificly EnterCriticalSection and LeaveCriticalSection, blowing up when running on Mac and Lazarus 1.6.4?

Note this probably would not have anything to do with the version of Lazarus, since critical sections are FPC System unit features. I assume you're using FPC 3.0.2 or trunk.

I would agree that it's probably your code, since our own code is usually the culprit. Can you isolate the critical section code in order to create a sample test app that demonstrates the problem? If so, then post a bug report.

If the code worked with a previous version of FPC, then it should still work with newer versions of FPC.

A program is only as good as the testing done on all supported platforms. If you're usually working on Windows, it's easy for changes to slip in that have not been tested on other platforms, making you think that the code used to work - some code worked, I don't doubt, but maybe not the latest code.

It's also possible for serious bugs still to be lurking in the FPC RTL, even after all of these years, hence the importance of a reproducible bug report. I recently ran into a showstopper bug in the FPC RTL, so it can happen (fortunately it was easy to fix), although that's normally the last place I would look for the source of a problem.

http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31555

MISV

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2017, 11:39:39 am »
I have e.g. 5 threads hat run like this:

1)
do work (e.g. download page)

2)
Example code of what is running in e.g  5 threads (Each thread has its own job and will never be updating the same data in a grid/table/list/view. Each thread maybe updates GUI once every 5 seconds)

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  2.                   FJob_Exec_Threads_GUI_CS.Acquire;
  3.                   FJob_Exec_Threads_GUI_Value := S2;
  4.                   FJob_Exec_Threads_GUI_Indices_Items := Sites_O.Value;
  5.                   FJob_Exec_Threads_GUI_Indices_SubItems := 1 + TmpColIdxR;
  6.                   {$IFDEF mymsDELPHI}
  7.                   TmsThread(Sender).SynchronizeToMain(Results_Exec_ThreadsSync_SetVal);
  8.                   {$ENDIF}
  9.                   {$IFDEF mymsFPCDevTool}
  10.                   TmsThread(Sender).SynchronizeToMain(@Results_Exec_ThreadsSync_SetVal); // maps down to TThread.Synchronize(self,AMethod);
  11.                   {$ENDIF}
  12.                   FJob_Exec_Threads_GUI_CS.Release;

I think since I use threads like crazy another place (crawler) much more intensive that the problem must be related to something to GUI (albeit he error happens deep inside system call to enter/leave criticalsection)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:58:01 am by MISV »

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2017, 11:55:53 am »
It's not the gui, which is always the heaviest thread, but the amount of interfacing between other threads and the GUI that is causing you problems.
That's a beginners mistake: you can't always get what you want, right now. Visual feedback is generally not important. Compute is much faster than your eyes can follow.
So don't stress the repaints, silly. Eventually you will learn to use a timer for that at ~ 50 frames, max. ~20 frames is sufficient to keep your eyes happy.
Visual feedback is non and old information, computing wise.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:58:58 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018