Recent

Author Topic: [solved] On start, Lazarus opens a select folder dialog  (Read 3277 times)

Girlbrush

[solved] On start, Lazarus opens a select folder dialog
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:32:31 am »
I'm having an odd problem this week - when I click on the Lazarus icon, the first thing I see is a "Select folder" dialog. Independently of whether I choose a folder or cancel it, the IDE then opens normally. When I double-click a project file, it also opens this dialog first.

I have rebuilt the IDE with complete clean, cleaned up the package list by removing invalid entries. I also recompiled some packages (Unidac) that I was trying to get to debug.
EDIT: The last thing I was trying out was unit testing, since the built in setup didn't know where the guitestrunner was. But I got that working and removed the unnecessary packages...

Any ideas what could cause this (I'm aware it's not a Lazarus bug)? Or any log files/debug possibilities?

Lazarus 1.6.2 r53354 FPC 3.0.0 x86_64-win64-win32/win64
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:33:31 am by Girlbrush »
Getting back into programming after 8+ years.

Girlbrush

Re: On start, Lazarus opens a select folder dialog
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:37:49 am »
Updated to Lazarus 1.6.4, and after importing the settings from the old install, I get the Select folder dialog again. So definitely some pacakge.  >:D

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:12:48 am »
Uninstall the packages one by one? It shouldn't take to long.
Another solution is to rename the packages folder. On next startup Lazarus will complain that xy package is not found, but if you rename it back everything should be ok.

Girlbrush

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:28:40 am »
Renaming makes Lazarus make up a dummy package because of dependencies  ::)

BUT I found the culprit - gdbmitestutils 0.1 ! After removing this package, no more dialog.  ;D

Thanks for taking time to reply GetMem!  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:52:13 am by Girlbrush »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018