Author Topic: Can diacritic character emboldening be turned off?  (Read 971 times)

howardpc

Can diacritic character emboldening be turned off?
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »
If I open a Greek text file in the editor, unadorned characters (γ α ρ ε etc.) are shown in a normal typeface.
However characters with accents (Ἐ ὰ ἀ ῆ ῖ etc.) are shown in bold, even though the context menu File Settings->Highlighter is set to None.
Is there some way of altering this 'default' display mode so that none of the text is shown bold?

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Can diacritic character emboldening be turned off?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:16 pm »
I did some testing and this looks like a text font issue.  The font you're using (Courier new?) doesn't have that characters so the editor looks them in a different text font (i.e. system default one).  So it isn't rendering them boded but it is rendering them with another text font.

Go to Tools > Options... > Editor > Display and change the Default editor font to another one that have the characters you need (for example, Courier 10 Pitch or DejaVu Sans Mono).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:53:37 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus