Recent

Author Topic: Source file paths  (Read 2395 times)

ehj666

Source file paths
« on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:32 pm »
I think this is just adapting to the fp way of doing things. I am porting a rather large program to fp, which under Delphi had source code in different folders. There are about a half dozen units making up the parser module, for example, with a relative path of "../../parser" from the main module's source code. If I move the parser units to the same folder as the main module's source code, everything is fine. But if I save those units to the above path, the compiler cannot find them.

I played with the paths under "Project Options" but those paths do not seem to deal with paths to unit source files. I also saw the note about putting them into packages, because "it is easy". Is that the only way to do it? I was just trying to preserve the topology of the original program.

Thanks

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Source file paths
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 05:21:50 pm »
Hmmmm.... >:( What does the documentation say about -Fu<oh\well\put\me\where\the\units\are> and -Fi<oh/well/it/also/works/with/forward/slashes/ and those will also resolve * depth sub-directories.

Oh, well,

.... ... ....... ......
Specialize a type, not a var.

ehj666

Re: Source file paths
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:41:52 pm »
Ok, I did not see how the path selector worked in project options. It was bringing me back to the path I had set, but I still needed to do an add.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018