Recent

Author Topic: TDBCombobox useless?  (Read 3802 times)

MacWomble

TDBCombobox useless?
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:40:02 pm »
Hi there. I got another problem using TDBCombobox:

It shows the Text stored in the table but when I select another item this is be shown in the text-field.
This is ok so far.
The datacontrol switches to Edit-Mode - also ok. Now when I click on Save (datacontrol) the originally saved text will be shown.

sample:

1. in the DBCombobox.text is 'HOT' shown (also saved in Database)
2. I select 'COLD' in the DBCombobox and this is shown in DBCombobox.text / Datacontrol switches to edit-mode
3. I click 'save' on Datacontrol - DBCombobox.text is now 'HOT' again. The new value was not saved.

May be I misunderstand this, but its also not logically.
Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, FPC/ Lazarus Trunk 64Bit

MacWomble

Re: TDBCombobox useless?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:20:20 pm »
Hallo
is there really no one who can help me at his point?

I use Zeos Connection and Query and a Datasource. All fields works fine except DBCombobox.

Regards Klaus
Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, FPC/ Lazarus Trunk 64Bit

wp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »
You seem to have a very good feeling how to reproduce the bug. Why don't write a little demo with a standard file-based database system to demonstrate the issue for everybody? You will get much more response if the is a ready-to-compile attachment showing the bug. Just attach the lpi, lpr, lfm, pas and database file (no compiler-generated files, please), all packed into a shared zip.

wwerner

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »
Ok, I have the same problem. An additional hint: I have more than one DBComboboxes. If I change 2 to new value, the first one spring back to the original value, but the second one will be saved.

kapibara

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:39:14 pm »
Just attach a demo like wp said.

Ok, I have the same problem. An additional hint: I have more than one DBComboboxes. If I change 2 to new value, the first one spring back to the original value, but the second one will be saved.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.2 / Kubuntu 22.04 - 64 bit

TinyPortal © 2005-2018