Recent

Author Topic: After upgrade to fpc, Lazarus 1.6.2 stops working.  (Read 18560 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: After upgrade to fpc, Lazarus 1.6.2 stops working.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »
@lab51
You have come a long way ...nearly there ... dont give up.

There is a svn problem. Fpcupdeluxe cannot download the required sources.
Reason still unknown. Just do as fpcupdeluxe advices you: try by hand.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. svn checkout --trust-server-cert -r HEAD http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_2 /home/sparky/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc

I hope that svn will show you why there is a problem !

Edit: I see a double post ...  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:55:48 pm by DonAlfredo »

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:34 pm »
Edit: I see a double post ...  :D
Yes, but your post was better.
And it even came with an encouragement.  :D
more signal - less noise

lab51

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 08:00:32 pm »

Edit:
Looks like Subversion is having some trouble connecting.
Have you tried checked out a Subversion repository (any repository) in the terminal?
Code: Bash  [Select][+][-]
  1. svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_2/ /home/sparky/testsvnrepo

Yeah, it fails, too.

svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_2/ /home/sparky/testsvnrepo
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_2'
svn: E175002: Unexpected HTTP status 400 'Bad Request' on '/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_2'

DonAlfredo

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 08:06:11 pm »
Strange.
Is there a proxy ?

lab51

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:37 pm »
Strange.
Is there a proxy ?

Shouldn't be.... trying to look into this.

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:59 pm »
more signal - less noise

lab51

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:19 pm »
Try https instead of http - just for the heck of it.

From http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21033706/svn-e175002-unable-to-connect-to-a-repository-at-url#21325199

Nope.  Connection refused.

I didn't have this problem with Mint KDE 18, just 18.1.  I'm tempted to ditch mint altogether and go with another distro now. Maybe back to 17 and non-KDE.

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 08:14:37 pm »
Try and install rapidSVN perhaps?
It just might install/configure something magical..

Off-topic:
I am on Netrunner with Debian testing rolling release - very satisfied. I grew tired of Ubunty / Mint years ago.  ::)
Currently using LxQt instead of KDE because it's lighter.
more signal - less noise

lab51

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »
I'm going to try installing Netrunner on this pc in the morning.

I just wish I could get Lazarus running. It *was* working fine until this morning and even installing the 3 (fpc, fpc-src, lazarus) I can't get it to go.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 08:25:40 pm »
I hope you will succeed.

But there is still one final possibility to try: git.
Install git and use the trunkgit option of fpcupdeluxe.
And press Install/update FPC + Laz.

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »
When you have Netrunner installed, and - if you want a rolling release (it's great) - enabled the 'Debian testing' repository in Synaptic - repositories - then I recommend that you install Lazarus / FPC from Debian instead of the 'official' ones from Lazarus.
The Debian testing ones are at version 1.6.2 / 3.0.0 - and then you don't have to worry about accidentally upgrading Lazarus/FPC to older versions (as will happen with the debs from Lazarus' Sourceforge files section).
Why? Because the Lazarus debs haven't been made to take Debian testing (or backports) into account - because that is essentially 'future'.

Edit:
Meta-packages fpc and lazarus should ensure that you receive updates - they currently point to 1.6.2 and 3.0.0.

Then, after having a working, globally installed, Lazarus installation, then you can jump into building your own, personal Lazarus/FPC installation using fpcupdeluxe.

Since you can have both installed at the same time - fpcupdeluxe is creating a self-contained installation - you should be able to at least have a global, working Lazarus, even if you have goofed the local fpcdeluxe installation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:37:56 pm by jacmoe »
more signal - less noise

lab51

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2017, 01:25:35 am »
When you have Netrunner installed, and - if you want a rolling release (it's great) - enabled the 'Debian testing' repository in Synaptic - repositories - then I recommend that you install Lazarus / FPC from Debian instead of the 'official' ones from Lazarus.
The Debian testing ones are at version 1.6.2 / 3.0.0 - and then you don't have to worry about accidentally upgrading Lazarus/FPC to older versions (as will happen with the debs from Lazarus' Sourceforge files section).
Why? Because the Lazarus debs haven't been made to take Debian testing (or backports) into account - because that is essentially 'future'.

Edit:
Meta-packages fpc and lazarus should ensure that you receive updates - they currently point to 1.6.2 and 3.0.0.

Then, after having a working, globally installed, Lazarus installation, then you can jump into building your own, personal Lazarus/FPC installation using fpcupdeluxe.

Since you can have both installed at the same time - fpcupdeluxe is creating a self-contained installation - you should be able to at least have a global, working Lazarus, even if you have goofed the local fpcdeluxe installation.

Thank you so much for all of your help (to everyone here). I did a complete reload putting Netrunner on the pc. I ran fpcupdeluxe and fpc and lazarus installed and are running!  Now I'm finally able to get my demo completed.  I had a lot of issues after updgrading to Mint 18.1 KDE so I think they have a few issues with it.  I appreciate the suggestion of Netrunner. So far, so good! :D

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2017, 03:57:48 am »
Whew - happy hacking!  :D
more signal - less noise

TinyPortal © 2005-2018