Recent

Author Topic: Rant: Lazarus on Linux: messed up. Completely.  (Read 39468 times)

munair

• compiler developer @SharpBASIC
    • SharpBASIC
Re: Rant: Lazarus on Linux: messed up. Completely.
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 12:04:48 pm »
no, you're not up to delivering proper software.
:D You had me on the floor with that one. Those who have visited my website and software description know how "proper" and complex applications can be written using Lazarus that can run on multiple platforms. I had no issues developing except for the coding errors I created myself. Look before you talk. you will accomplish nothing with these meaningless comments.
keep it simple

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »
I concur.  O:-) Whatever assumptions about scientific merit you wrote a very nice piece of software.
Specialize a type, not a var.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 12:18:38 pm »
Well I wrote a legit critique of Laz, and I stand by it.

There is only a bunch of emotional statement with at best some minor grievances. The grievances are not categorized, and it is not clear if they are incidental or fundamental.

There is no wellfunded critique with relevant details, suggested improvements and totally bypassing the fact that Ubuntu/debian specific packaging is outside the Lazarus/FPC projects.

So while it might allow you to let of some steam, for anything else it is an useless rant and forum polution.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:21:41 pm by marcov »

mai

• truther
Lazarus on Linux: messed up. Completely.
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2017, 12:21:24 pm »
Those who have visited my website and software description know how "proper" and complex applications can be written using Lazarus that can run on multiple platforms. I had no issues developing

So I take it that your Makefile is actually working and the app supports 5 mouse buttons or more ...

munair

• compiler developer @SharpBASIC
    • SharpBASIC
Re: Lazarus on Linux: messed up. Completely.
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2017, 12:28:09 pm »
Those who have visited my website and software description know how "proper" and complex applications can be written using Lazarus that can run on multiple platforms. I had no issues developing

So I take it that your Makefile is actually working and the app supports 5 mouse buttons or more ...

1. The software doesn't require 5 mouse buttons. Even CAD software don't need that many. But it does support three buttons (including the wheel), even in combination with shift keys. Everything works as expected.  %)

2. I dont need a makefile as it is not compiled from the terminal. Coding in Lazarus and hitting "build" is all it takes. 8)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:31:14 pm by Munair »
keep it simple

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 12:44:18 pm »
I ever bought a Microsoft 5 Buttons Mouse. I bought it because it looks cool not because I need it. I was happy with the mouse, but actually I almost never used those extra buttons.

if that is so, what do you need a help-forum for?

You use this forum incorrectly.

If you want to review software, then go to review forums. If you found bugs then go to the bug tracker forum. This forums already helped hundreds or maybe thousands of users who really want to solve programming issues. This forum definitely is not for ranting.

mizar

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2017, 12:50:15 pm »
Lots of broken troll-o-meters these days here  ::) ;D ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:55:50 pm by mizar »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »
Let's leave him be, we all know what attention seekers want: attention. So ignore him and he will be gone eventually.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2017, 04:48:03 pm »
fyi To get back on topic, it seems that the advertised 5 button patches are already in SVN, but maybe rearrangements have been done that prohibit working. IOW it is more a debug case than a merge this patch case.

see https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32562

mai

• truther
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:02 am »
extra buttons did not work here using that latest revision.

mai

• truther
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2017, 08:59:27 am »
Let's leave him be, we all know what attention seekers want: attention. So ignore him and he will be gone eventually.

It is safe to assume that Lazarus will hardly improve, because too many people ridicule anybody who points to glaring shortcomings of Laz. They'd rather stick with their pet "ORM MVC" or whatever and let everything fall into ruins.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2017, 09:30:48 am »
Yeah, the whole (pascal) world is wrong and you are right.
Can you please stop whining about problems only you seem to have?
If it is so bad then why not contribute to this project yourself instead of only making negative whining.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2017, 09:42:09 am »
He sounds like coming from windows and expects a similar experience on other platforms. Then blames the symptoms, which are lack of knowledge. Troll.
Specialize a type, not a var.

mai

• truther
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2017, 05:52:46 am »
Yeah, the whole (pascal) world is wrong and you are right.
Can you please stop whining about problems only you seem to have?
If it is so bad then why not contribute to this project yourself instead of only making negative whining.

Dude I'm a truther and you can't cope with reality. You must suppress all utterings about the true state of affairs so you can stick to your belief system that you are Bill Gates II.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:16 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you have problem with Lazarus. Have you consider to use Delphi? It is commercial supported, it should be better. Lazarus/FPC is volunteer supported project, yes we know it is buggy. You can visit the bug reports, lots of bugs still unsolved.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018