Recent

Author Topic: Hide Forms doesn't show them all again  (Read 3932 times)

HatForCat

Hide Forms doesn't show them all again
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »
Hi, I'd like a better visual indication that the debugger and program is running other than the "Debugging" in the Title bar.

I went into Tools, Options, Windows "Hide IDE windows on run" and it did what I needed. but, when my running-program is closed, Lazarus fails to show the main window at the top that has the controls and Component Palette etc.

Is there some way I can have at least one of the windows closed so that it is obvious to this old fart, that it is running?

Delphi allows hiding the Object Inspector at Run-time and that would be fine here too. is some option where I can auto-hide a single Lazarus window and then have it return when I end my Program?
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

ASerge

Re: Hide Forms doesn't show them all again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »
...when my running-program is closed, Lazarus fails to show the main window at the top that has the controls and Component Palette etc.
Windows 7 x64, Lazarus 1.6.2. Tested on x32 and x64.
1. If run by the mouse (by click the Run button), it is restored as it was.
2. If run by F9, then swap the code editor/form editor. I.e. show code editor at top, press F9, close application -> show the form editor and vice versa.

HatForCat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:08:18 pm »
Ubuntu 14.04-LTS, Lazarus 1.6.2 Tested x64 only

It doesn't make any difference how it is run here. On return, the Editor, the Object Inspector and the Message wind are all I get back.

It's a little frustrating as I then have to close all the other windows one by one and answer "Save" for each of them even though there were no changes and the auto-save at runtime would have saved them anyway.

If it was a form other than the main one at the top, I could use the "View" menu to show the missing ones, but I ain't got a menu to use. :D
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

HatForCat

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »
Just had another test and stumbled on to a work-around.

With the Ubuntu Launcher on the left of the screen there are three little ticks to indicate that more than one form is open for an  application, in this case, Lazarus. If I click those ticks, Ubuntu will display a reduced view of all forms and I can choose the main form and it will be brought to the front where it should already be. No idea why only some of them come to the front after the Run.

A bit of a pain-in-the-butt, but better than shutting them all down one by one I guess.

I'd still like to find an option that closes just the Object Inspector or the Editor during Run. Unwittingly making changes while still debugging will cause a crash most times.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018