Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] [Synapse] TTCPBlockSocket.RecvString returns empty string.  (Read 14201 times)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: [SOLVED] [Synapse] TTCPBlockSocket.RecvString returns empty string.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 05:47:15 pm »
Further instructions about java and goto here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ei-rbULWoA&t=17m25s By James Gosling... the inventor of Java.

Now don't be ridiculous and only use goto (jmp) in assembler. End-of-topic.
Specialize a type, not a var.

guest60499

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 07:12:35 pm »
Unfortunately I don't understand the dogma surrounding goto, even having taken a few programming classes. If using goto misses necessary code that is an implementation fault of the compiler. Additionally try/except is implemented with a structure similar to C's setjmp/longjmp, which is a nonlocal goto. If you trace the control flow you might see it.

Cyrax

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »
Unfortunately I don't understand the dogma surrounding goto, even having taken a few programming classes. If using goto misses necessary code that is an implementation fault of the compiler. Additionally try/except is implemented with a structure similar to C's setjmp/longjmp, which is a nonlocal goto. If you trace the control flow you might see it.

If your target is to make a 64-bit program that runs under Windows then try..finally is implemented by using SEH, not setjmp/longjmp. Also you can use SEH with 32-bit Windows program, but that needs building from trunk with certain flag.

guest60499

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 08:58:39 pm »

If your target is to make a 64-bit program that runs under Windows then try..finally is implemented by using SEH, not setjmp/longjmp. Also you can use SEH with 32-bit Windows program, but that needs building from trunk with certain flag.

Thank you for the clarification (I'd forgotten about SEH). My point was that the implementation of exception handling looks very similar to setjmp/longjmp.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018