1. Sort list of devices, this makes it easier to find a device (Combobox.Sorted := true )
2. On my installation it is necessary to change the binutils prefix to avr- by passing the -XPavr- switch to the compiler. May be useful to make this option visible somewhere in the wizard. Would be convenient if an automatic check can be done to identify the correct prefix, 2nd best would be to check if current configuration can call avr as (on my machine this is avr-as, could be avr-embedded-as on other machines)
3. I prefer it if the programmer action is only added to the "execute after run" option. I compile often as I write code to check for errors and would not want to program the device every time.
4. If a user selects a programmer that requires a serial port parameter then it would be useful if a list of available ports can be presented a la Arduino IDE. Synapse and PascalSCADA have some code to scan for ports on various OS's.
5. Other popular programmers that can be added to the list of programmers: "avrispv2", "arduino" and "usbasp". USBasp doesn't require a port parameter since it runs over USB.
As summary the critical topics for me are now:- Wizard as stand-alone or as Lazarus plugin?
- How to provide the compiler/binutils, as binaries or as build script? In case of binaries how to host?
- How to compile the avr-compiler for all different instruction sets?