Recent

Author Topic: Linux Minimize and Maximize  (Read 3312 times)

HatForCat

Linux Minimize and Maximize
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:09 pm »
Hi, Ubuntu 14.4.

When I click the Minimize option for the IDE all of the Lazarus panels go to minimum as expected.

When I click the icon in the Launcher to restore, I only get a single panel and have to restore the Object Inspector, Edit window, Messages etc all one by one.

Is there some way to lock all windows/panels to the one Minimize/Maximize click?
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Linux Minimize and Maximize
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:42:02 pm »
Have you made your Lazarus single-window button only?

Lazarus main menu > Tools > Options > Window > enable: Show single button in Taskbar

howardpc

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »
Your chosen desktop environment is also critical, since some Linux window managers (e.g. Cinnamon) don't support the functionality you are after. Fortunately it's easy to move to a different window manager or distro.

HatForCat

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »
OK, thanks. It is Unity Cinnamon (forgot I had just moved back t Ubuntu) and for uniformity with other PCs on the network, changing is not a great plan. Changing all PCs will be a nightmare for the other users.

It still leaves the Messages and Package manager windows open.

Will have to go back to the splatter approach, or multiple desktops if it is an option with Unity Cinnamon.

Pretty useless actually

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:10:09 pm by HatForCat »
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

TinyPortal © 2005-2018