Recent

Author Topic: [Forum] A section about completed projects that use FPC/Lazarus  (Read 4777 times)

srcstorm

[Forum] A section about completed projects that use FPC/Lazarus
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:57 pm »
Hi,

I couldn't see a forum section about completed projects that are using FPC/Lazarus. Since Lazarus is a free product I think there will be many hobbyists who will want to note their success stories.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: [Forum] A section about completed projects that use FPC/Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:45:40 pm »
Announcements -> "Third party" may be the closest now.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

srcstorm

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:01:17 am »
@JuhaManninen

I am aware of that section, but it mostly covers libraries and components. The suggested section is more about accomplishments. Besides published projects, people may also may want to tell about in-house developments, private projects. This will be good for feedback on real-world usage of FPC/Lazarus, and it can also encourage others to start their own ambitious projects.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki

srcstorm

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:29 am »
@Martin_fr,

Application gallery is cool, but what I'm asking is a forum section. This is for socializing. When people present their work, others can comment on it. They may also have questions about how it was accomplished.

Thanks.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:18 am »
Then I thing it should be "3rd party announcements"

The fact that there are (according to you) mainly libraries/components is a matter of what people want to announce.

People can also invite to discuss their achievements in the "Other" board,

That would only be if they present something that is not an Announcement. But if they want to discuss (ongoing) work, then that should be done in a board covering the technology (eg databases, or gfx, depending what the app is about)

If indeed, a lot of traffic is generated by topics of that kind, that indeed can be proven not to fit into any existing board, then a new board can be discussed/added.

Currently I think we have the board, but need to get the people who want to add topics.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018