Recent

Author Topic: IDE windowing options  (Read 3213 times)

greymont

IDE windowing options
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:15:04 pm »
I just downloaded and installed the Lazarus IDE and am about to start on a concerted effort to make this my main development platform. I'm using Windows 7 64 as my development platform right now. Lazarus is 1.6.2 with FPC 3.0.0.

I've been used to the latest Delphi IDE and would like to adapt the Lazarus IDE to be more single-window, MDI style. I've been looking through the IDE menus and options and cannot find any choices for doing this. Is this really not a built-in option?

Also, I followed the Help menu choice and a help window appeared in which I searched for "windows". The most promising topic it found was "Working with multiple windows" but in there it says I can choose from the IDE menu "Window-Tile" and "Window-Cascade" but I do not see these menu choices. What gives?

Xor-el

Re: IDE windowing options
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:19:03 pm »
I just downloaded and installed the Lazarus IDE and am about to start on a concerted effort to make this my main development platform. I'm using Windows 7 64 as my development platform right now. Lazarus is 1.6.2 with FPC 3.0.0.

I've been used to the latest Delphi IDE and would like to adapt the Lazarus IDE to be more single-window, MDI style. I've been looking through the IDE menus and options and cannot find any choices for doing this. Is this really not a built-in option?

Also, I followed the Help menu choice and a help window appeared in which I searched for "windows". The most promising topic it found was "Working with multiple windows" but in there it says I can choose from the IDE menu "Window-Tile" and "Window-Cascade" but I do not see these menu choices. What gives?

follow the procedures described here https://github.com/FlKo/LazarusDockedDesktops to get a more Delphi Like IDE.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018