Recent

Author Topic: Gecko2 installation - Unable to load package GeckoComponents  (Read 3231 times)

Luciano Andress Martini

Gecko2 installation - Unable to load package GeckoComponents
« on: December 21, 2016, 07:58:27 pm »
I have installed gecko2 using fppkg in Linux. Everything went fine, but when i try to enable it using install/uninstall package, i get this message:

Unable to load package "GeckoComponents (>=2.9.1)" and nothing more than this.

What i am doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:02:45 pm by lmartini »

Phil

Re: Gecko2 installation - Unable to load package GeckoComponents
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »
I have installed gecko2 using fppkg in Linux.

Maybe you could describe what you need gecko2 for. Do you need an embedded Web browser control for your app? Or something else?

I'm the one who originally ported Gecko to Lazarus, quickly gave up on it, then someone else did Gecko2. I don't know the status of either project and not sure if they ever worked very well.

Some notes here on possible solutions that could give you some ideas depending on what you have in mind:

https://macpgmr.github.io/MacXPlatform/WebAppOverview_3.html

-Phil

Luciano Andress Martini

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:32:08 pm »
I will need a application that will be a web browser gecko 2 based for linux.

I used few years ago your component, it was very good! But in my case i need a more newer version of gecko considering the lot of new functionality of html5.

I successfully installed gecko2 using fppkg no errors, and lazarus configured.

When i open lazarus nothing happen, but if i go to the Package -> Install/Uninstall -> GeckoComponents appear, but when i try to save and rebuild ide, the error appear.  Unable to load package "GeckoComponents (>=2.9.1)"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:35:10 pm by lmartini »

dliw

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:17:32 pm »
I used few years ago your component, it was very good! But in my case i need a more newer version of gecko considering the lot of new functionality of html5.

Mozilla dropped the ability to embed gecko years ago. But they are planning to make the new browser engine (servo) embeddable again using the CEF API: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servo_(layout_engine)#Chromium_Embedded_Framework.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018