Recent

Author Topic: unable to access freepascal wiki pages  (Read 5164 times)

xaver13

unable to access freepascal wiki pages
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:27:48 am »
hello, I wanted to write about my new program to freepascal wiki gallery.
First I tried my name from forum - it worked  not. Than I tried to create account there, but I didn't understand the captcha there (English is not my native language and I read it careless too ). And now - seems to me,  the I can not reach freepascal wiki page at all. I tried another browser, VM, but it helped not.
Is it possible that my IP was banned?

Thank you for help.
--
Jiri Cvrk

balazsszekely

Re: unable to access freepascal wiki pages
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:37:55 am »
First I tried my name from forum - it worked  not. Than I tried to create account there.
You need to create an account here: http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup&returnto=Main+Page

Than I tried to create account there, but I didn't understand the captcha there (English is not my native language and I read it careless too ).
Usually it ask you a question similar to this: "What does Write('12' + '56') print?" The answer is 1256 not 68.  ;)

I tried another browser, VM, but it helped not. Is it possible that my IP was banned?
I don't think your IP is blocked, just to be sure try to connect through a proxy server. Just type in google "free online proxy".

xaver13

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:10:01 am »

I don't think your IP is blocked, just to be sure try to connect through a proxy server. Just type in google "free online proxy".

Thank you for advice.
Through free on line proxy I registered now successfully and confirmed it. 

But now I am afraid to edit there
- first because of this ban
- second .. it is not clear how to add/insert new item to gallery. There is only EDIT available. All items are alphabetically sorted and there is no free place to add visible...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:09:21 am by xaver13 »
--
Jiri Cvrk

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:08:26 am »
- first because of this paranoia of its admin and
What paranoia? I don't see any paranoia.

-second .. it is not clear how to add/insert new item to gallery. There is only EDIT available. All items are alphabetically sorted and there is no free place to add visible...
1. Login to wiki
2. Open a new tab in your browser, then paste http://wiki.freepascal.org/YourPageNameHere
3. Press the create button, "YourPageNameHere" is created

xaver13

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:19:44 pm »
sorry, but I don't understand, now the gallery looks like in attached picture ..
and I would add a item beginning with "F" ... please how?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:21:36 pm by xaver13 »
--
Jiri Cvrk

mischi

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »
Edit a topic, which is just right before or after your own. Simply add your topic before or after that in the editor window, preview and save it, if it is ok.

xaver13

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 09:21:08 am »
thank you very much Mischi!

I am not sure if I understand correctly.
I tried this like on picture attached , but it works not.

I was afraid that I can erase this "previous" topic, selected for edition. And finally nothing added if I did it like on this picture. Summary I was not edited...

--
Jiri Cvrk

balazsszekely

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 09:59:39 am »
@Xaver13
I created the item for you 3.26 Fertility Calendar. Just login and start edit: http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Lazarus_Application_Gallery&action=edit&section=31
After you done editing press the "Save Page" button

xaver13

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 01:40:32 pm »
@Xaver13
I created the item for you 3.26 Fertility Calendar. Just login and start edit: http://wiki.freepascal.org/index.php?title=Lazarus_Application_Gallery&action=edit&section=31

Thank you very much GetMem, editing done!
--
Jiri Cvrk

TinyPortal © 2005-2018