Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6.2 crashing on open or save file (Sierra)  (Read 4597 times)

dieselnutjob

Lazarus 1.6.2 crashing on open or save file (Sierra)
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:01:06 pm »
I have just rebuilt a broken Macbook Pro and installed Sierra on it.

I have tried installing Lazarus both from fink and from the images on sourceforge, and I am getting the same result with both.

What is happening is that fairly consistently on opening or saving a file that the CPU goes 100% and in Activity Monitor it say "Lazarus (Not responding)".

I also have the crash report that Activity Monitor creates but I haven't figured out if this contains anything confidential.

Has anyone else seen this?

dieselnutjob

Re: Lazarus 1.6.2 crashing on open or save file (Sierra)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 12:51:00 pm »
I tried Lazarus 1.7 by installing from SVN trunk and it appears to be fixed  :)

Josh

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »
Hi

I am using fpcupdeluxe to create my lazarus installation, this superb utility is created by DonAlfredo.
if you follow the link below
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v1.1.0e
and choose the option for
fpcupdeluxe-i386-darwin.app.zip
With this you can choose to install trunk for both fpc and lazarus;
I am currently using FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus Trunk.

Once you have a working installation; you can then periodically install/update FPC+LAZ with a click of a button; and only the differences between your running svn verison and current svn will be applied; making for a fast update process.

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:27:28 pm by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

mischi

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »
I have tried installing Lazarus both from fink and from the images on sourceforge, and I am getting the same result with both.

What is happening is that fairly consistently on opening or saving a file that the CPU goes 100% and in Activity Monitor it say "Lazarus (Not responding)".
This has been reported as bug 29911 and i thought that I fixed it in the fink version 1.6.2-2 (note the -2). Can you please check, whether your fink package is up to date, i.e. 1.6.2-2?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:38:27 pm by mischi »

Josh

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »
Hi

I have both installed, and also an installation of Laz and FPC Trunk, you can tell fpcupdeluxe the installation folder to use/create.

I actually place the fpcdeluxe application into the folder for the relevant installation, that way the config file and settings you choose for that installation stay safe and make things nice and easy to update.

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018