Recent

Author Topic: Large reports dont print?  (Read 3219 times)

mirce.vladimirov

Large reports dont print?
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »
My application generates a catalogue by collecting data from MySQL and generates a preview. The preview has 39 pages wich contain pictures.  When I save the preview to a *.frp file it is 115MBytes in size.
I can scroll down page by page of my report until I reach the 13th or 14th page and then my application crashes.
Exactly the same thing happens when I try to print to PDFCreator or Microsoft XPS or to actual printer.
Again, it converts 13-14 pages and then my application crashes withot converting/printing rest of the pages.

Why it cant print all pages, Is there a size limit and how can I overcome this situation ?

EDIT: I've forgot to say that It's developed and compiled under Windows7, with Lazarus 1.4.2, and runs under diferent versions of windows (XP, 7, 8.1).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:50:55 pm by mirce.vladimirov »

alexs75

Re: Large reports dont print?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:42:25 am »
I'm make report with > 4000 pages

mirce.vladimirov

Re: Large reports dont print?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 08:39:08 pm »
@alexs75
It's not about the number of pages but about the size of the report.
My applications also create lots of reports with several thousends of pages and not a single problem but that's not a lots of MegaBytes.
This one application which bothers me creates Catalog, Catalog contains photos, and photos mean MegaBytes.
It's all about size of the report, not number of pages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018