Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 792698 times)

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #915 on: August 19, 2018, 07:47:56 am »
@hayanninja
Done.
And thanks for testing !

@lucamar
That doesn't change with my proposal.
Its the limited amount of time I have. Keeping all these versions working on all these systems consumes a lot of time: new features and (obscure) bugs consume also much time.

hayanninja

« Reply #916 on: August 19, 2018, 12:09:49 pm »
Out of interest, when trying to compile FPC 3.2.0, why does FpcUpDeluxe use 3.0.2 rather than 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 as the bootstrapper?

DonAlfredo

« Reply #917 on: August 19, 2018, 12:20:32 pm »
Fpcupdeluxe uses the compiler Makefile.fpc to determine the bootstrapper versions that are allowed.

Makefile.fpc contains (among other things):
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. [prerules]
  2. REQUIREDVERSION=3.0.4
  3. REQUIREDVERSION2=3.0.2

From these two, it uses the highest version !
So, your observation is strange ! It should be 3.0.4 !!
However, if 3.0.2 is already available somehow, it will be used due to the fact that it is allowed.
Version 3.0.5 will never be used.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #918 on: August 19, 2018, 01:29:06 pm »
For anybody using fpcupdeluxe with recent FPC trunk or fixes 3.2 !

https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&revision=39625
https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&revision=39626
https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&revision=39627
https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&revision=39628

The above revisions make a lot of changes of the process-source.
At the moment, it seems that some versions of Lazarus are not [yet] ready to use this new TProcess.
Expect errors.
I am still investigating.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #919 on: August 19, 2018, 02:15:23 pm »
Well, yeah, those changes are partially meant for fpcupdeluxe of course (to get rid of/reduce processutils unit ) :-)

(and similarly for lazarus' tprocessutf8 ).

But of course that is only realistic if 3.2.0 is out and most people have upgraded.

Any issues would be great.

p.s. lazarus did build here with 3.3.1 (3.2.0-beta is the same except for version number atm), and compiled an empty project.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:21:14 pm by marcov »

lucamar

« Reply #920 on: August 19, 2018, 02:23:06 pm »
Its the limited amount of time I have. Keeping all these versions working on all these systems consumes a lot of time: new features and (obscure) bugs consume also much time.

Ah, yes, the bane of small free/open source projects! I'll give it a whirl then, if you don't mind, when I have a little time. Thanks for all your effort.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #921 on: August 19, 2018, 02:28:46 pm »
@marcov
That is greatly appreciated !!
I am, since long, struggling with special characters in directory names on Windows.
Many users in Russia and China are struggling with fpcupdeluxe failures due to tprocess not being able to handle these characters.
And besides, then processutils unit contains some very old and sometimes very ugly code. Again, the changes are appreciated.

@lucamar
Thanks !

af0815

« Reply #922 on: August 19, 2018, 03:18:17 pm »
For anybody using fpcupdeluxe with recent FPC trunk or fixes 3.2 !
For fpc fixes32 and Lazarus trunk i have written to this thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,42277.msg294842.html#msg294842
because it is not a fpcupdeluxe problem :-)
regards
Andreas

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #923 on: August 19, 2018, 03:37:03 pm »
@marcov
That is greatly appreciated !!
I am, since long, struggling with special characters in directory names on Windows.

It was already planned for 3.0 (I did do executeprocess()), but I spend too much time waiting and experimenting with an unit with an unicodestring tstringlist.

Meanwhile, Mattias made tprocess unicode safe but only for lazarus utf8hack.

I saw the branch deadline approaching again for 3.2, so I decide to at least put a good effort in in fixing this.

My work builds on exposing Mattias work  in the processunicode unit using unicodestrings. Note that process is unmodified wrt unicode status. (ok under lazarus, bad elsewhere).

Also note that this is only unicode modifications for commandlines. Probably readinputstream needs to be fixed to read arbitrary strings, but that is less intrusive I think.

There still is some discussion if the class in processunicode should have a different name or not. Opinion?

And besides, then processutils unit contains some very old and sometimes very ugly code. Again, the changes are appreciated.

I can't dis processutils too hard, since together with an own similar version it was the input for runcommand and a bunch of other TProcess improvements. Just like now it is again for a cleaned up version of e.g. events.

Note that you can now specify which derivative of TProcess the Run*commands use. This means you can make the run* classes use a derivative of your choosing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:43:28 pm by marcov »

hayanninja

« Reply #924 on: August 19, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »
Fpcupdeluxe uses the compiler Makefile.fpc to determine the bootstrapper versions that are allowed.

Makefile.fpc contains (among other things):
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. [prerules]
  2. REQUIREDVERSION=3.0.4
  3. REQUIREDVERSION2=3.0.2

From these two, it uses the highest version !
So, your observation is strange ! It should be 3.0.4 !!
However, if 3.0.2 is already available somehow, it will be used due to the fact that it is allowed.
Version 3.0.5 will never be used.

Actually, given your explanation here, it makes perfect sense that 3.0.2 was used. At the time, I had 3.0.2 (FpcUpDeluxe previously downloaded it to bootstrap compiling 3.0.5) and 3.0.5 installed. Since 3.0.4 wasn't present, it used 3.0.2.

I've been trying to get 3.2.0 up and running. However, it seems that 3.2.0 won't properly compile Lazarus 1.8.5, so I need to use trunk Lazarus (hopefully that "end of source" bug is fixed by now). Except... it seems 1.8.5 won't compile properly either? But given the SVN issue, I really have no idea whether that's actually a compiler / source issue or if it's just, again, a result of SVN being a piece of crap (although TortoiseSVN does seem to think I've got valid, up-to-date copies of both the fpcsrc and Lazarus repos, fixes_3.2 and trunk respectively).

DonAlfredo

« Reply #925 on: August 20, 2018, 07:15:26 am »
I have filed a bug report against Lazarus 1.8 fixes (= 1.8.5).
See:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34152

You can tell fpcupdeluxe to use the included patch !
See Setup+ followed by "Add Laz Patch".

Ps:will only work if svn gave you correct Lazarus sources ... :-)

af0815

« Reply #926 on: August 20, 2018, 08:29:41 am »
The problem with the svn of freepascal is still alive, but fpcupdeluxe handle this :-)
Executing: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe "checkout" "--quiet" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "HEAD" "https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2/" "C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc" (working dir: )
svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection.
Executing: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe "checkout" "--quiet" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "HEAD" "https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2/" "C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc" (working dir: )
svn: E155004: Run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc' locked.
svn: E155004: 'C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc' is already locked.
Executing: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe "cleanup" "--non-interactive" "C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc" (working dir: )
Executing: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe "cleanup" "--non-interactive" "C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc" (working dir: )
Executing: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe "update" "--quiet" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "HEAD" "C:\Data\lazdev\fixes32_fixes18_win64\fpcsrc" (working dir: )
Maybe its my older svn client 1.9.7
regards
Andreas

af0815

« Reply #927 on: August 20, 2018, 08:52:35 am »
Now fpcupdeluxe says in red Got an unexpected exception
FPCUPdeluxe V1.6.1j for x86_64-win64-win32
a lot of lines deleted - created with extra verbose set
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): FPC was at: branch revision 39643 (repository revision 39650)
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): No updates for FPC found.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): No FPC patches defined.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (BuildModule: FPC): Building module FPC...
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC builder: Detected source version FPC: 3.2.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (BuildModule: FPC): To compile this FPC, we need (required) a compiler with version 3.0.2 or 3.0.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for a bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap binaries.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.4
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Could not get compiler list from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.4/bootstrap/. Trying again.
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Could not get compiler list from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.0.4/bootstrap/. Trying again.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 2.6.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 2.6.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Got a bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap sources.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Now looking for a better [version] bootstrap compiler from Github FPCUP(deluxe) releases.
It looks it cannot find a bootstrapcompiler for win64 to build
regards
Andreas

DonAlfredo

« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2018, 09:04:35 am »
As the log shows:
The best official win64 bootstrapper in can find from the FPC sources is 2.6.2.
As this is an old and not very suitable compiler, it will look for a better one from fpcupdeluxe itself on GitHub
See:
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/bootstrappers_v1.0

af0815

« Reply #929 on: August 20, 2018, 09:14:19 am »
But fpcupdeluxe didnt load any bootstrap compiler on this bare metal installation. with i386 it works, but for win 64 it doesnt work.

regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018