Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794499 times)

BeanzMaster

Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2018, 02:17:33 am »
Hi, i've installed Lazarus on MoacOS High Sierra with fpcupdeluxe-darwin-cocoa. The IDE is totally broken, and can't be use for developpment.
So i tried the QT5 version all it's ok. The first thing i wanted to install Online Package Manager, but it failed with the error cannot find unit opkman_fakeactivex.pas not found.

Note OPM installed perfectly with the legacy version of Lazarus 32 bits with carbon downloaded from official repository.

Thanks in advance.

I'll try to install OPM manually tomorrow

balazsszekely

« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2018, 07:58:12 am »
@BeanzMaster
So i tried the QT5 version all it's ok. The first thing i wanted to install Online Package Manager, but it failed with the error cannot find unit opkman_fakeactivex.pas not found.
Support for QT5 and Cocoa for VTV(Virtual Tree View) was added not so long ago in Lazarus trunk. OPM depends on VTV, so if you wish to use OPM with QT5/Cocoa you should switch to Lazarus trunk. All the changes from trunk will be available in the next major release(1.10.0), where OPM will be installed by default. Please note that the cocoa IDE is much more stable in the trunk version(still work in progress though).

PS: If OPM trunk fails under QT5 please let me know here(http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34297.0.html), so I can fix the issue.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:02:29 am by GetMem »

BeanzMaster

« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:03 am »
Thanks Getmem for advices

I'll try with Lazarus trunk.

Best regards

DonAlfredo

« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2018, 11:14:06 am »
I am also looking into this issue !

BeanzMaster

« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2018, 11:23:38 am »
Hi, ok i installed Lazarus trunk QT5 64bit with stable version of FPC. All it's ok with OPM. Now just one thing the command Options in Tools menu has disapeared. See scren shot in attachement (ps : My IDE is in french). But i can get access by a right click on Icon Bar.

EDIT : One other thing i can't resize the options dialog :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:25:36 am by BeanzMaster »

BeanzMaster

« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2018, 12:03:18 pm »
Ok i also ty the 64 bit version with Cocoa. Installation is ok but when i m launching Lazarus i get this error. See ScreenShot in attachement.

I thinking i ll wait the next stable 64 bit version from Lazarus team

Best regards

BeanzMaster

« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2018, 12:14:41 pm »
    Hi DonAlfredo, i forgot, i've also some feedback posted as comment from my tutorial here :
https://www.developpez.net/forums/d1848091/autres-langages/pascal/lazarus/tutoriel-installer-lazarus-paquets-fpcupdeluxe-online-package-manager-jerome-delauney/

• The initial message starting with a Attention! French well followed by a message in pseud[o-English ('send' instead of 'sent');
  • At launching fpcupdeluxe display in the middle of my two screens (yes, I work with two screens) because of an alignment of the main window is with poDesktopCenter probably;
  • impossibility to install mORMot, which is strange for a product from the same team.
  • In case of compilation error, which happened with zeos for example, the utility loses foot. He tries in vain to recompile with the bad library and crashes in the reconstruction of the EDI: I had to do a manual cleaning
  • It could also be good to be able to select multiple addons modules to install them at once instead of one by one.

Some screenshots available here : https://www.developpez.net/forums/d1848091/autres-langages/pascal/lazarus/tutoriel-installer-lazarus-paquets-fpcupdeluxe-online-package-manager-jerome-delauney/#post10257698

Best regards and thanks for your work  8-) .[/list]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:28:14 pm by BeanzMaster »

tudi_x

« Reply #847 on: June 18, 2018, 10:02:34 am »
hi,
are there any plans of making Fpcupdeluxe Ansible friendly?
(https://www.ansible.com/overview/it-automation)

this would allow even more automation on preparing the development workstation.

thank you
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

DonAlfredo

« Reply #848 on: June 18, 2018, 10:47:13 am »
@tudi_x

I don't think this is a good thing to do.
Fpcupdeluxe is not the (or a) official tool to install FPC and Lazarus.

It can be of (much) help in a few special situations:
* installing multiple isolated versions of the FPC/Lazarus combi.
* if the official install fails due to some (unknown) cause.
* easy cross-compilation installation.
* user specific reasons to use fpcupdeluxe for installing FPC and Lazarus.

However, I am open for discussion ! Please let me know your opinion !!

tudi_x

« Reply #849 on: June 18, 2018, 11:13:46 am »
i think Fpcupdeluxe is a wonderful approach and tool.

i think today everything is about automating the routine activities. i see to many issues on the forum with problems on installing Lazarus.
all the advantages that Fpcupdeluxe offers in a no brainer solution that can be used on physical or virtual environments.
we just need Fpcupdeluxe to have all parameters exposed in command line and run headless.
i will work on the Ansible playbooks for Linux MINT and Ubuntu (and prepare the Wiki detailing Ansible installation and how to install).
after that is preparing an Ansible commander (can be even on a Raspberry Pi) that will execute commands on the remote host.

persons that want to install FPC and Lazarus differently they can still do this, can't they?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:05:43 pm by tudi_x »

DonAlfredo

« Reply #850 on: June 18, 2018, 12:32:08 pm »
Ok. Understood !

Would you mind having a look at the commandline tool of fpcupdeluxe:

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup

It should behave the same and can be controlled by setting commandline options.

tudi_x

« Reply #851 on: June 18, 2018, 01:00:04 pm »
it looks fine for me. please advise:
a. as per the link fpcupdeluxe is GUI installer -> please advise if it could run headless
b. as per wiki http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcupdeluxe -> please advise what would be the command to headless run a stable FPC / Lazarus installation on Linux amd64

thank you

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #852 on: June 18, 2018, 04:49:15 pm »
Hi, ok i installed Lazarus trunk QT5 64bit with stable version of FPC. All it's ok with OPM. Now just one thing the command Options in Tools menu has disapeared. See scren shot in attachement (ps : My IDE is in french). But i can get access by a right click on Icon Bar.

EDIT : One other thing i can't resize the options dialog :(

I had the same problem with the Options menu.

Ok i also ty the 64 bit version with Cocoa. Installation is ok but when i m launching Lazarus i get this error. See ScreenShot in attachement.

I thinking i ll wait the next stable 64 bit version from Lazarus team

Best regards

Same problem, can't start IDE due to that error.

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #853 on: June 18, 2018, 05:00:26 pm »
I was getting the Arithmetic Overflow error, but I got it sorted by hitting Ok so I got into the IDE, then Configure Build, set it to what I wanted (Cocoa, Darwin, x64) and built it.

No problem after that.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #854 on: June 20, 2018, 07:27:36 am »
@tudi_x

Fpcupdeluxe is GUI ! Fpc[laz]up is command line !!
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup

For headless, use fpclazup.

Example command for installing 32bit trunk on Windows:
fpclazup-i386-win32.exe --fpcURL="trunk" --lazURL="trunk" --installdir=C:\fpclazbydeluxe\headless --fpcsplit --noconfirm

Example command for installing 64bit stable on Linux amd64:
fpclazup-x86_64-linux --fpcURL="stable" --lazURL="stable" --installdir=usr/share/fpclazstable --fpcsplit --noconfirm

@BeanzMaster

At launching fpcupdeluxe display in the middle of my two screens
Should be solved in latest release.

impossibility to install mORMot, which is strange for a product from the same team
mORMot cannot be installed. It has no packages.

In case of compilation error, which happened with zeos for example, the utility loses foot
Yes. But just pressing uninstall for that same module should ease your task.

It could also be good to be able to select multiple addons
Due to the fact that package install-errors are common, this feature has been dropped to ease tracking of these errors.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018