Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 817097 times)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #690 on: November 25, 2017, 11:07:37 pm »
Seems that fpcupdeluxery is one that has an alternative ui

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. {$ifdef usealternateui}

Edit: I was wrong, both projects has the alternative ui option. But the fpcupdeluxery requires mormot.

Compiled fine in trunk-trunk Windows 10.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:20:07 pm by lainz »

DonAlfredo

« Reply #691 on: November 26, 2017, 08:33:03 am »
It gives errors like:
Compilation should be fixed with latest commit.

Why would I need a "curl" library in a GUI application?
Its a wild world out there. And fpcupdeluxe has to try to function under very many different circumstances. It needs to download some things to function, and tries to do this in every possible way. But sometimes this is not enough. In those cases it can fallback towards libcurl and/or wget, that have a better change of downloading the requirements.

BTW, what is fpcupdeluxery.lpi? It depends on BgraControls.
Fpcupdeluxery contains a very nice GUI made by a contributor. Its goal is to help novice users in using fpcupdeluxe and installing FPC and Lazarus.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #692 on: November 26, 2017, 11:59:46 am »
Compilation should be fixed with latest commit.
It compiles and works now. Thanks.
BTW, the About-window has title "About Lazarus". Maybe it should be "About FpcUpDeluxe" or something.

Fpcupdeluxery contains a very nice GUI made by a contributor. Its goal is to help novice users in using fpcupdeluxe and installing FPC and Lazarus.
It requires mormot as lainz noticed. I don't have it installed but I could compile after undefining "RemoteLog". The GUI looks the same. I don't see any difference.
Could mormot dependency be made more explicit in the project, now that you already have a separate project? I noticed the dependency only after a failed compilation and error message.
I must confess I have not used or studied mormot much yet. It is on my ToDo list.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #693 on: November 26, 2017, 01:31:53 pm »
@JuhaManninen

If there is one thing really lacking regarding fpcupdeluxe, this would be documentation and WiKi !
A good doc or WiKi should have given you the right info.
Its on my ToDo list !!

fpcupdeluxe.lpi : will compile without mORMot.
fpcupdeluxeremote.lpi : will need the mORMot (and extra login-secrets) to compile.
fpcupdeluxery.lpi : will need the mORMot and BGRA to compile and will give the new GUI after special button press.

It should have been documented that fpcupdeluxe.lpi is the preferred project for self-compilation.

Removing -dRemoteLog from any of the above projects (Custom Options) will remove the dependency on the mORMot.

Sidenote:
I would like to promote the use of mORMot for database apps in cases where this would be applicable naturally. The learning curve can be steep, but the rewards are high ... ;-)

edwinyzh

« Reply #694 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:28 pm »
Hello,

I got the following error when trying to install the 'NewPascal' branch under xUbuntu 16.04, it's a fresh installation plus installing several missing .so libraries, using 'FPCUPdeluxe V1.6.0i for x86_64-linux-gtk2', Any hint? Thanks.
(3104) Compiling codetoolgdbtracer.pas
(1008) 128175 lines compiled, 9.0 sec
make -C lcl LCL_PLATFORM=nogui
/home/edwin/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh -gl -Sic -Fu../packager/units/x86_64-linux -Fu../components/lazutils/lib/x86_64-linux -Fu. -Funonwin32 -Fuforms -Fuwidgetset -Fu/home/edwin/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl -Fiinclude -FE. -FUunits/x86_64-linux -Cg -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -dx86_64 alllclunits.pp
Target OS: Linux for x86-64
Compiling alllclunits.pp
Compiling checklst.pas
checklst.pas(24,28) Fatal: Can't find unit LCLProc used by CheckLst
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /home/edwin/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
Makefile:3767: recipe for target 'alllclunits.ppu' failed
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
Makefile:3166: recipe for target 'lazbuild' failed
make: *** [lazbuild] Error 2
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: lazbuild): make returned error code #512

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !

wylton

« Reply #695 on: December 01, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
New try building a cross-compiler for android-arm
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: TAny_android-arm: searched but did not find any binary utilities !!
fpcupdeluxe: Start of compile error summary.
Missing correct cross binary utilities
fpcupdeluxe: info: TAny_android-arm: found correct library in directory /home/debian/laz/cross/lib/arm-android

dicepd

« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2017, 11:04:02 am »
Hi,
Either you are gathing information without informing the user you are doing so or your program has been backdoored. Just found this through google, looks like a usage report of your program on an (unsecured?) S3 instance.

http://54.194.211.233:8880/root/getinfohtml?ShowErrors=yes

Remove offending code or allow user to turn it off please!

Peter
Lazarus 1.8rc5 Win64 / Linux gtk2 64 / FreeBSD qt4

DonAlfredo

« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2017, 11:17:17 am »
The logging has been out in the open since its implementation.

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34645.msg263834.html#msg263834

And naturally, it can be switched off.

But if this default logging-behavior is unwanted, I will disable it.
Its just a fun-addition to see how and where FPC and Lazarus are used.
And to give me some info about unexpected errors.

tudi_x

« Reply #698 on: December 07, 2017, 11:20:14 am »
@DonAlfredo: do not disable it please. the community can refer to the stats info.
it is made clear in github that it can be turned off for persons that want to turn it off.
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

dicepd

« Reply #699 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:19 am »
Then make the option clearer to those of us who distrust any sort of phone home, As from next year automatic collection will be illegal in the EU without explicit consent (ie user must turn it on it must not be on by default)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:56 am »
@dicepd
If (it will become) illegal, and I trust you in that, the logging-behavior has to change naturally.
I will add a consent warning. And change the default behavior.

@tudi_x
I also like the stats, but if it is illegal, I have to adjust unfortunately.

tudi_x

« Reply #701 on: December 07, 2017, 11:44:19 am »
@dicepd - what is the rule and paragraph you are referring to with the logging behavior?
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

edwinyzh

« Reply #702 on: December 07, 2017, 11:45:47 am »
@tudi_x
I also like the stats, but if it is illegal, I have to adjust unfortunately.
Don, the statistics are very interesting and please don't remove the feature - just allow the user to remove it.
I believe such stats will benefit the Lazarus community, so I suggest:
  • Make it to disabled by default, but
  • ask the users to enable the stats at programstartup. ;)

PS, I'm wondering if you have any hint for me for the 'LCLProc' unit missing error above, if you don't, I can live with my current windows installation and using Lazarus 1.8 rc5 on linux :)

DonAlfredo

« Reply #703 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:46 am »
@edwinyzh
I will implement as per your suggestion !

About LCLProc:
This is such a severe error, I can only guess something went wrong while checking out Lazarus that cannot be corrected anymore. Brute-force-solution: please remove the "lazarus"-dir and the "config_lazarus"-dir and try again.

dicepd

« Reply #704 on: December 07, 2017, 12:03:06 pm »
@dicepd - what is the rule and paragraph you are referring to with the logging behavior?

A quick summary is here with links to other sources.

https://www.computerworlduk.com/security/10-things-you-need-know-about-new-eu-data-protection-regulation-3610851/

This article is from an IT perspective and not a load of dry legalese. Follow links for more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018