Recent

Author Topic: Online visit demand ever changed...  (Read 2954 times)

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
Online visit demand ever changed...
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:36 am »
I realised our online count changed:

Online Ever: 877
(17-10-2016, 15:55:30)

Is there any analitics about which countries visiting us?
I mean like as sourceforge visit map.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: Online visit demand ever changed...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:54:40 am »
Yes.    www.icann.org
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN is the ONLY official source.

The database they provide can resolve the exit point, though. By geo location when mapped.
If/when people are using a proxy of any kind you are at a loss. Won't work. Needs extra steps. Then it also won't work.

E.g.: The BBC blocking streaming traffic to outside of the UK. Silly. I live in the UK <I don't, but the BBC thinks so, even though they catch the minimalistic tests you want and some more and the BBC uses the most advanced techniques I know of for detection and therefor to circumvent>

I would not pay too much attention to it. Basically worthless - don't tell your marketeers - and with time it will go away. Unless people really need it and subscribe, say for maps.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:15:00 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:15:54 pm »
Yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN

The database they provide can resolve the exit point, though. By geo location when mapped.
If/when people are using a proxy of any kind you are at a loss. Won't work. Needs extra steps. Then it also won't work.

E.g.: The BBC blocking streaming traffic to outside of the UK. Silly. I live in the UK <I don't, but the BBC thinks so, even though they catch the minimalistic tests you want and some more>

Hmm thats why I see as (mostly) from Isle Of Man island my guests, If visitor from UK.

So maybe we can set for Lazarus site. I examined in the stats section of the forum  but there isn't country view.

rvk

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 02:11:17 pm »
Online Ever: 877
(17-10-2016, 15:55:30)
I can't believe this is accurate (looking at the history).
At least not "normal" viewers of the site.

Maybe some (new) search-bot isn't excluded from the stats (which older ones probably are).

And maybe only registered members should be counted here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018