Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835861 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1440 on: November 06, 2018, 10:52:20 pm »
Is there a way to go to a previous version of an installed package using OPM?
Unfortunately no. OPM is not a source version control, usually it contains the latest stable packages, or at least this is the goal. Perhaps if you explain the issue in more details we can help.

garlar27

« Reply #1441 on: November 07, 2018, 12:37:34 am »
Well, after updating ZEOS DBO something stop working as it used to (the "ATTACH DATABASE" on SQLite 3 seems to stop working).

After the update ZEOS disappeared from the component pallette, so I had to install it again.

Under the "onlinepackagemanager" folder appear 2 ZEOS folders (see attached) one looks like the older version and the one with no version in the folder name is the version 7.2.4. I put this because I don't know if its normal or if it was a download when I was learning to use OPM.

Don't know if this can help. By now I blame ZEOS. The code compiled before the update is working fine, but after updating it stop working.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1442 on: November 07, 2018, 06:43:09 am »
@garlar27
Under the "onlinepackagemanager" folder appear 2 ZEOS folders (see attached) one looks like the older version and the one with no version in the folder name is the version 7.2.4. I put this because I don't know if its normal or if it was a download when I was learning to use OPM.
Your findings are correct. Not so long ago I was asked by a Zeos developer to update to version 7.2. For more details please read this: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34297.msg293331.html#msg293331. You probably (re)installed Zeos recently, this is why you have two folders in the local repository. The recommended version by the Zeos developers is 7.2

Don't know if this can help. By now I blame ZEOS. The code compiled before the update is working fine, but after updating it stop working.
Please file a bugreport here: http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewforum.php?f=40. If the issue is fixed, let me know so I can update OPM.

PS: You can use the "Cleanup" button to delete old, unused packages from the local repository.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1443 on: November 07, 2018, 07:06:21 am »
@all
Latest changes to OPM in Lazarus trunk:
1. High-dpi images thanks to @wp and @Roland Hahn
2. Download, extract and install speed are much faster now
3. Fixed a few leaks

Please test. As always feedbacks are welcomed.

PS: To test the leaks you need to rebuild Lazarus in debug mode(see attached screenshot)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1444 on: November 22, 2018, 11:23:27 pm »
Hi @GetMem, please you can update BGRAControls to 5.0.3? Thanks!

balazsszekely

« Reply #1445 on: November 23, 2018, 06:26:37 am »
Hi @GetMem, please you can update BGRAControls to 5.0.3? Thanks!
Done. Thanks for the new version.

John Landmesser

« Reply #1446 on: November 26, 2018, 05:10:36 pm »
could  OPM also check the path of an installed package before showing "installed=yes"?!

Reason:
I have some packages without using OPM to install them, but OPM show them up as i installed them with OPM.

Ok, no probs, but would be useful, eventually.

Thanks a lot for this great  tool!!

balazsszekely

« Reply #1447 on: November 26, 2018, 05:35:17 pm »
could  OPM also check the path of an installed package before showing "installed=yes"?!

Reason:
I have some packages without using OPM to install them, but OPM show them up as i installed them with OPM.

Ok, no probs, but would be useful, eventually.

Thanks a lot for this great  tool!!
OPM basically ask the IDE if a particular package is installed or not, through the PackageEditingInterface. It does not matter if the package was installed via OPM or another method.

antispam88

« Reply #1448 on: November 29, 2018, 12:57:08 pm »
Hi,

I searched the forum but didn't found a solution:
How can I uninstall a via OPM installed package (Indy10)? In the version delivered with Lazarus 1.8.4 FPC 3.0.4 there is no uninstall button in opm.
And under Install/Uninstall Packages it isn't listed too.

Thanks
antispam88

balazsszekely

« Reply #1449 on: November 29, 2018, 01:28:32 pm »
Hi antispam88,

I searched the forum but didn't found a solution:
How can I uninstall a via OPM installed package (Indy10)? In the version delivered with Lazarus 1.8.4 FPC 3.0.4 there is no uninstall button in opm.
Unofrtunately you cannot uninstall a package with OPM in Lazarus 1.8.4. It's possible though in Lazarus 2.0 or Trunk.

And under Install/Uninstall Packages it isn't listed too.
Every installed designtime package is listed in "Install/Uninstall Packages" dialog's left list. Just search for indylaz, if you cannot find it, then it's not installed. If indy was installed via OPM and it's no logner installed, you can press the "Cleanup" button which will remove the package directory from the local repository. You can also deleted it manually by navigating to the Local Repo folder(see attached screenshot).

regards,
GetMem

antispam88

« Reply #1450 on: November 29, 2018, 01:54:10 pm »
Thank you for your response!

Ok, in the "Install/Uninstall Packages" it is not listed, but in the OPM it is marked as installed.
Is it possible, that the opm marks a package as installed when it is only loaded, but not installed?

Best regards,
antispam88

balazsszekely

« Reply #1451 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:59 pm »
Ok, in the "Install/Uninstall Packages" it is not listed, but in the OPM it is marked as installed.
Is it possible, that the opm marks a package as installed when it is only loaded, but not installed?
This is only possible for runtime packages(AFAIK Indy is a designtime package). Of course it can be a bug too, the version shipped with 1.8 is very old. Lot of development has done since then.

PS: As a quick test, can you please close the IDE, rename the Indy folder then check what OPM is telling about the package?

antispam88

« Reply #1452 on: November 29, 2018, 02:12:45 pm »
Then it isn't marked as installed

balazsszekely

« Reply #1453 on: November 29, 2018, 02:16:30 pm »
Then it isn't marked as installed
OK. It's a bug then. If you can, please check with trunk if the same issue exists, so I can fix it. Thanks.

PS: I did run a quick test(Lazarus trunk).
1. Installed Indy via OPM
2. Uninstall it via "Install/Uninstall Packages"
3. Restart IDE-->Indy is marked as uninstalled in OPM
then
1. Install Indy via OPM again
2. Uninstall Indy via OPM
3. Restart IDE-->Indy is marked as uninstalled in OPM

In trunk everything seems to work fine, but you can run a few test too if you like.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:23:18 pm by GetMem »

anderbelluno

« Reply #1454 on: November 30, 2018, 12:39:55 pm »
Hi sir.
We have a new version of REST Dataware. You can update OPM.
Thanks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018