Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835927 times)

mercurhyo

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1425 on: October 17, 2018, 02:08:13 pm »

Hopefully it will fix the problem.

no sorry, this summons around 25 FATALS
1st fatal is "unable to find file fxbutton.pas" something
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:16:29 pm by mercurhyo »
DEO MERCHVRIO - Linux, Win10pro - Ryzen9XT 24threads + Geforce Rtx 3080SUPRIM
god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld

balazsszekely

« Reply #1426 on: October 17, 2018, 02:18:25 pm »
What about uninstalling BGRAControlsFX? At least temporarily.

mercurhyo

« Reply #1427 on: October 17, 2018, 02:20:19 pm »
At the moment I do not need BGRA inside my projects...
I just found out the problem randomly, and wanted to point it here
1) If you intsall bgrabitmaps, it works
2) if you inslall bgracontrols, it works (installing partially bgrabitmaps)

BUT
IF you then install totally, it HANGS
god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld

mercurhyo

« Reply #1428 on: October 17, 2018, 02:22:14 pm »
What about uninstalling BGRAControlsFX? At least temporarily.
I did already try that =>
installing bgracontrols ONLY (no FX) requires a partial insall of bgrabitmaps
THEN if you install totally bgrabitmaps the problem is the same, IT HANGS
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:24:14 pm by mercurhyo »

mercurhyo

« Reply #1429 on: October 17, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »
It is for now useless to me, as I said... I just wanted to point out this problem I randomly found out, in case it bothers other users
Regards

mercurhyo

« Reply #1430 on: October 17, 2018, 02:25:10 pm »
SO at the moment, either you use BGRAbitmaps, either BGRAControls, you can't use both

balazsszekely

« Reply #1431 on: October 17, 2018, 02:31:31 pm »
It's working fine on my system. I installed both package(BGRABitmaps,  BGRAControls) + BGRAControlsFX. Perhaps the author of BGRAControlsFX(@lainz) has a better idea why the component fails to install at your side. Maybe is related to FPC 3.1.1?

mercurhyo

« Reply #1432 on: October 17, 2018, 02:41:41 pm »
well I tried also with FPC and LAZ fixes branches (FPC3.2 and Laz 2.0RC1), I had the same troubles
the video I shared above shows the about box, win32/64 IDE32 bits on Windows 7 64bits, and actually TRUNK versions of both FPK and LAZ

I took a look at @lainz packages organization (_master' packages, fpgui, customdrawn derivatives, all that) I really have no clue why BGRABitmap full install and BGRAControls install are mutually exclusive

balazsszekely

« Reply #1433 on: October 17, 2018, 02:51:58 pm »
Unfortunately I'm out of ideas, but I will run a few tests later with Lazarus/FPC trunk. Hopefully the issue is reproducible at my side too.

PS: I was able to reproduce the bug with Lazarus/FPC trunk. We should wait for the package maintainers(@circular and @lainz) to fix the issue.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:42:37 pm by GetMem »

mercurhyo

« Reply #1434 on: October 18, 2018, 07:50:46 am »
Ok thank you very much. I hope you enjoyed my smartass pointing a sorta bug in packages compatibility

balazsszekely

« Reply #1435 on: October 18, 2018, 09:42:38 am »
@mercurhyo
If it helps I did find a way to install BGRABitmaps, BGRAControls, BGRAControlsFX under FPC > 3.0.4:
1. If installed, uninstall BGRABitmaps, BGRAControls, BGRAControlsFX, delete all folders
2. Install BGRABitmap, rebuild Lazarus, delete the lib folder(it's located at: $(BGRABitmap_Folder)\bgrabitmap\lib
3. Install BGRAControls, rebuild IDE
4. Delete the BGRABitmap lib folder again
5. Install BGRAControlsFX, rebuild IDE

Obviously there is a bug, which make BGRAControls/BGRABitmap mutually exclusive in a higher version of FPC, or at least very difficult to install the packages at the same time. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon. Since the issue has nothing to do with OPM(the same bug is reproducible with manual install) there is little I can do about it. I really don't like to debug/modify other people packages.

PS: Thank you for the feedback.

mercurhyo

« Reply #1436 on: October 18, 2018, 09:44:59 am »
all my psys (hehehe  :P ) said "you are welcome" @Getmem

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1437 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:01 pm »
Hi,

We're fixing bgra issues installing in trunk.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,42847.msg300117/topicseen.html#new

FX package is not maintained.

Edit: anyway, I've successfully installed FX package with git sources (trunk-trunk) and with OPM with Lazarus 1.8.4 in Windows.

Remember that FX on Linux requires some libs:
"Under Linux you need to install first freeglut3-dev in the system."

BGRAControls depending if you install everything or not (all lpk's) needs stuff on Linux as well:
"On Linux you need to install libxtst-dev and libgl-dev first."

FX is not tested on Mac.

Edit 2: all controls available in FX are in BGRAControls, except for the 'native button', use just a TButton and you will be fine. FXButton -> TColorSpeedButton. The other are more obvious (progress bar, radial progress bar, etc).

Edit 3: BGRAControls v5.0.2, and maybe circular releases a new BGRABitmap as well with the Linux fix, else download the github repo.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:34:43 pm by lainz »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1438 on: October 23, 2018, 08:58:05 pm »
@lainz

We're fixing bgra issues installing in trunk.
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,42847.msg300117/topicseen.html#new
FX package is not maintained.
Thanks for the feedback. I experienced the issues with trunk-trunk on win7/win10, no problem with Lazarus 1.8/FPC 3.0.4. I assume the bug is somehow fpc related(?), but I will run the tests again soon.

garlar27

« Reply #1439 on: November 06, 2018, 09:17:17 pm »
Is there a way to go to a previous version of an installed package using OPM?

The other day I updated a package and some things stopped working...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018