Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 836097 times)

anderbelluno

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1305 on: May 31, 2018, 09:49:25 pm »
Hi man.
I try send twice, on thrice go.
Tanks for your help.
It's a great component. Try and see your power.  :D :D :D

tks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1306 on: May 31, 2018, 10:07:41 pm »
@anderbelluno

I received the zip file. I need the following information for each lpk: Description, Author and License. The fields are needed because OPM creates a preview(see attachment). This way the users will have more info about the packages.
1. Description -->1-2 sentence is enough, of course you can give a more detailed description if you like.
2. Author --> anderbelluno ?
3. License --> GPL- 3.0 ?
4. A better version number. "0.0.0.0" is also OK but it's kinda strange.  :)

Thank you!

PS: I uploaded your package so you can test, when the new informations are available, I will update the repository.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:26:08 pm by GetMem »

anderbelluno

« Reply #1307 on: June 01, 2018, 03:02:08 pm »
Ok friend, I'm sorry for the lack of information.

1 - Description:
The proposal was fulfilled. REST DW was created to facilitate the creation of CRUDs in the same model that we created applications for Client / Server Database. Today, being able to write data to a bank via WebService is too complex for simple operations, making scheduling of simple screens time-consuming. With REST Dataware, you no longer have to worry about creating SQL Insertion, Deletion, Read, and Execution methods via Webservice; Simply add a RESTDataBase connection component and add a RESTClientSQL component that will already have your SQL solution fully functional as you did back in the day and with all the power of modern REST / JSON technology with data compression and everything the language can offer. , have fun.

2 - Author:
Gilberto Rocha da Silva

3 - license:
GPL- 3.0

4 - Version number: 1.4.2.7 (We are following the commits in the source forge to follow a version number. But we are migrating to GitHub every repository).

Again thank you very much for the help.

Ps. Did you test the component? What do you think?

anderbelluno

« Reply #1308 on: June 01, 2018, 08:00:05 pm »
@GetMem

Hi, you recive my mail with json file?

It's Ok?

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1309 on: June 02, 2018, 04:17:52 am »
Hi @GetMem, testing Online Package Manager on macOS and works nicely.

Edit: well... I talked too fast. It works if I open a project and install missing dependencies, but checkboxes doesn't works with qt IDE. So I can't choose a package to install with the menu.

But is not your problem, is just the status of Lazarus in Mac, and my first day with Mac.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:10:09 am by lainz »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1310 on: June 02, 2018, 10:10:27 am »
Hi guys

I'm away for  a few days, with no internet connection. I'll back soon.

anderbelluno

« Reply #1311 on: June 02, 2018, 10:30:49 am »
Ok.
But i need update REST Dataware on OPM.
It's possible?

Now i have a repository on GitHub.
And the important update for RDW is available.

Tankyou.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:32:32 am by anderbelluno »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1312 on: June 03, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »
@anderbelluno
First of all sorry for the delay, I was in a small trip for a few days with no pc or internet connection. I added the latest version of REST Dataware to OPM(1.4.3.1). I also updated the description, author, license and version field, you should do the same in your git repository. Just open the 3 lpk files, change the fields and click the save button. Please note: usually OPM targets only stable versions, there are a few exception where the release cycle is slow. When you release a new major version, just let me know and I will update the central repository.

@lainz
I only tested with carbon. Cocoa is unstable unfortunately. I also tested with qt but under windows, where qt works nicely. If I understood you correctly you cannot check a package(OPM) to install it? Try to select a package, then press space. 

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1313 on: June 03, 2018, 05:07:55 pm »
Thankyou, that works =)

anderbelluno

« Reply #1314 on: June 04, 2018, 06:56:52 am »
Wonderful, I'll make the changes you suggested to me.
Do not worry about the delay.
Can I continue to report new versions on this channel, or would you prefer another?

Thanks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1315 on: June 04, 2018, 09:52:49 am »
@anderbelluno
Can I continue to report new versions on this channel
Yes. This thread is the preferred way because other people can see the changes and join the discussion when needed.

Thanks.
You're welcome.

anderbelluno

« Reply #1316 on: June 04, 2018, 09:58:46 am »
I made a video showing the installation of REST Dataware via OPM.
It's in Portuguese, but you'll understand. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TavWR7adSE

Again, thank you very much.

anderbelluno

« Reply #1317 on: June 14, 2018, 06:25:19 pm »
hi Sr.

we have a new version available.

https://github.com/Rest-Dataware/RDW-Componente

Thanks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1318 on: June 14, 2018, 08:26:30 pm »
Hi anderbelluno,

I updated the package in central repository to 1.4.4.8. Thanks for the new version.

regards,
GetMem

BeanzMaster

« Reply #1319 on: June 16, 2018, 12:20:39 pm »
Hi Getmem like for fpcupdeluxe i forgot, i've also some feedback posted as comment from my tutorial here :
https://www.developpez.net/forums/d1848091/autres-langages/pascal/lazarus/tutoriel-installer-lazarus-paquets-fpcupdeluxe-online-package-manager-jerome-delauney/

Tranlated from french to english with google translate :

I had only one problem: I had castle engine (which I like a lot) installed in version 6.4 and the transition to version 6.5 did not like it at all. OPM was experiencing unit conflicts (I'm surprised), displayed a partial install, and refused to uninstall the product. Again, I had to make repairs in the hand ... Well, all this is not very serious if you consider the comfort brought in all.

hat the application only keeps track of the software installed thanks to it, it's normal, okay. But that it does not take care of the already installed packets, it is a problem: the user expects that the problem is at least signaled with a message of the type: 'attention, this package already exists.' Then, the options are to choose: propose to uninstall it automatically, abandon the operation, run the risk of installing it anyway. The worst solution (in my opinion) is the one adopted: we try to install without worrying about anything assuming that the IDE is clean ...

Best regareds and thanks for your work  8-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018