Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 836240 times)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1080 on: December 14, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »
Thankyou. Sure, I will test it now, just let me update with fpcupdeluxe, I will report it here in this same message.

Done! Working very well, installed bgracontrolsfx with no problems at all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:41:08 pm by lainz »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1081 on: December 14, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »
Done! Working very well, installed bgracontrolsfx with no problems at all.
Thank you lainz.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1082 on: December 20, 2017, 07:59:47 pm »
There is a new feature in OPM. If you move the mouse over the meta packages(root node) and hold the SHIFT down, a new hint window will appear. The window will show the license/description of every lazarus package belonging to the current meta package. This is useful because you don't have to expand the tree node to get the data. Please test. As always feedback is more then welcome.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:01:38 pm by GetMem »

wp

« Reply #1083 on: December 20, 2017, 08:43:02 pm »
Nice feature. But shouldn't the popup close when I release the SHIFT button?

balazsszekely

« Reply #1084 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:38 pm »
Nice feature. But shouldn't the popup close when I release the SHIFT button?
Thanks wp, implemented in r. 56810. When the shift is released, OPM waits a little bit before closing the hint window. This is needed when the user choose to scroll the License/Description memos, or choose to navigate between different lpk files. If the mouse is over the hintform, the form remains visible.

wp

« Reply #1085 on: December 20, 2017, 10:42:03 pm »
Perfect, thank you.

Here's another one - but maybe not related to OPM, in this case I'd write a bug report: In the "Install/Uninstall packages" dialog, right list, I have some duplicate packages - in addition to those seen on the screenshot also attabspackage, lazcolorpalette, playwavepackage. I had these packages installed for some time from my local ccr folder, but uninstalled them later.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2017, 02:07:54 pm »
@wp
Do you see the duplicate packages each time you open "Install/Uninstall" dialog? If yes please go to Package-->Package Links. Uncheck Global and Online links. What do you see in user links list, there is duplicate "rx" packages. Are those links valid?  What happens if you delete the invalid ones, then reopen "Install/Uninstall" dialog?

minesadorada

• Retired
« Reply #1087 on: December 21, 2017, 02:28:26 pm »
There is a new feature in OPM. If you move the mouse over the meta packages(root node) and hold the SHIFT down, a new hint window will appear. The window will show the license/description of every lazarus package belonging to the current meta package. This is useful because you don't have to expand the tree node to get the data. Please test. As always feedback is more then welcome.
Just updated my Laz Trunk install.
That's a good improvement, and works perfectly for me.  It was awkward to see the descriptions before.

Windows 10 64 bit/Lazarus trunk 56811M 32-bit
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

wp

« Reply #1088 on: December 21, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »
Yes, reproducible.

Let me focus on the rx* packages of the previous screenshot:
  • rx#1 is the version which comes with Lazarus --> valid
  • rx#2 is the version from my ccr repository which had been installed, but is currently uninstalled. The link is valid
  • rxnew #1 is the online version, it disappears when I turn off the Online links
  • rxnew #2 refers to the once installed, now uninstalled version in my local ccr repo.
  • The same with rxtools.
I am attaching screenshots of Package Links with and without Global and Online Links checked.

What's interesting is that when I delete the previously installed packages from the Package Links (i.e. the #2 links in the list above) then I still get the same list in Install/Uninstall packages as in the screenshot of the previous post.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1089 on: December 21, 2017, 02:58:55 pm »
Hmm, I'm not sure how it suppose to work in this case. Please uninstall OPM for a moment, the internal packager will go back to default behaviour.

wp

« Reply #1090 on: December 21, 2017, 04:09:07 pm »
Some experiments:
  • Uninstall OPM --> the Install/Uninstall list contains only rx (this is the one in FPC, the links to the local repo had been deleted in the previous post).
  • Install OPM again --> Install/Uninstall contains rx (Global), rxnew (Online) and rxtools (Online).
  • Install rx from local repo (rx is part of rx-CCR now), install rxnew from local repo (autoinstalls also rxtools) --> they appear in the installed list of the Install/Uninstall dialog.
  • Uninstall rx, rxnew, rxtools --> The uninstalled list of the Install/uninstall dialog contains two entries for rx, rxnew, rxtools again as discussed from the beginning
  • Return to initial situation: Delete rx, rxnew, rxtools links to local repo, uninstall OPM. Install OPM.
  • Dont't install rx. Install rxtools and rxnew only (it does not require rx any more).
  • Uninstall rxtools and rxnew again --> Install/uninstall contains rxnew amd rxtools twice again.
  • Let me test another package which is currently installed from my local ccr-repo: laz_chemtext:
  • Uninstall laz_chemtext --> laz_chemtext is in Install/Uninstall list twice
  • All these were user packages. What about global packages? There is rx which will be moved to the ccr-rx and thus exists twice at the moment.
  • Install rx from lazarus/components/rx
  • Uninstall --> it is in Install/unstall only twice.
As a summary I'd conclude: Whenever a package which exists in an online version is installed from a local repository and uninstalled later then will be listed in the Install/Uninstalled dialog twice. This does not happen for global links.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1091 on: December 21, 2017, 05:27:33 pm »
Thanks wp. Your findings are very useful!  On startup, if OPM is installed, every online package gets "converted" to a package link. When a user opens the "Install/Uninstall packages" dialog, the online package links are automatically added to the "Available for installation" list, except for those that are already installed. I need to do an extra check and verify if the package is not in the user links too. Apparently a user link will be active even after you uninstall the package and most likely you can add it to a project "Required packages" list. I will fix this issue soon. Thanks again.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1092 on: December 21, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »
@minesadorada
Just updated my Laz Trunk install.
That's a good improvement, and works perfectly for me.  It was awkward to see the descriptions before.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it's working.

wp

« Reply #1093 on: December 29, 2017, 09:57:44 am »
Thanks wp. Your findings are very useful!  On startup, if OPM is installed, every online package gets "converted" to a package link. When a user opens the "Install/Uninstall packages" dialog, the online package links are automatically added to the "Available for installation" list, except for those that are already installed. I need to do an extra check and verify if the package is not in the user links too. Apparently a user link will be active even after you uninstall the package and most likely you can add it to a project "Required packages" list. I will fix this issue soon. Thanks again.
Now I noted another issue with the "Install/uninstall packages" dialog related to the duplicate packages. As you know I am working on fpspreadsheet, trunk version; the release version is offered by OPM. Recently I had to uninstall the visual package of fpspreadsheet-trunk for some reason. When I wanted to install it back via the "Install/uninstall packages" dialog I saw the two duplicate entries, both pointing to the OPM version, but no link to the trunk version any more. So, the only way to reinstall the trunk version is loading the lpk file.

I also saw that OPM offers version 1.8.2, but my current release is 1.8.4. Is this due to the temporarily disabled updates that you mentioned somewhere above?

balazsszekely

« Reply #1094 on: December 29, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »
Now I noted another issue with the "Install/uninstall packages" dialog related to the duplicate packages. As you know I am working on fpspreadsheet, trunk version; the release version is offered by OPM. Recently I had to uninstall the visual package of fpspreadsheet-trunk for some reason. When I wanted to install it back via the "Install/uninstall packages" dialog I saw the two duplicate entries, both pointing to the OPM version, but no link to the trunk version any more. So, the only way to reinstall the trunk version is loading the lpk file.
I disabled temporarily the online packages from the "Install/Uninstall packages" dialog. Showing online package there is wrong in my opinion, the same is true with local packages in OPM dialog.

I also saw that OPM offers version 1.8.2, but my current release is 1.8.4. Is this due to the temporarily disabled updates that you mentioned somewhere above?
Yes. I updated fpspreadsheet in the main repository. Now the default version is 1.8.4

TinyPortal © 2005-2018