Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835847 times)

RDL

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1065 on: November 30, 2017, 07:51:01 am »
Cyrax, Thank.
Remy Lebeau, i sent you a private message.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:52:42 am by RDL »
Sorry for my english, google translation!

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1066 on: November 30, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »
Hi GetMem, reporting that everything is working fine!

Also I made a few updates to BGRAControls, if you can upload this new release to the main repository. BTW the external updates feature is working fine.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1067 on: November 30, 2017, 10:03:13 pm »
@Remy Lebeau
What is posted in OPM is *not* an official release from the Indy team, so it is a little behind.
The current nightly zip at http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP is rev 5438.
The current SVN trunk is rev 5443.
It is from now on. Although the Code Typhon fork looked nice, with high quality icons, in many cases not worked properly as @RDL and others reported before. I decided to add Indy trunk to OPM a week a go(r. 5440).  Still a little bit behind, but at least is the official release. @Remy would you consider to change the old icons when time permits(I know you're very busy)?

@lainz
Also I made a few updates to BGRAControls, if you can upload this new release to the main repository. BTW the external updates feature is working fine.
Thank you! I will update it as soon as possible. Now we are trying to link the two package system together. For example, when you add a package dependency to your project, Lazarus will also search for packages in the main repository. At least this is the idea(see attachment). The feature requires a lot of changes both in OPM and the internal Package System. For a while I will be unable to update the central repository.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:12:03 pm by GetMem »

lainz

« Reply #1068 on: November 30, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »
Wow a great feature! Keep going.  :)

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #1069 on: December 01, 2017, 12:09:49 am »
It is from now on. Although the Code Typhon fork looked nice, with high quality icons, in many cases not worked properly as @RDL and others reported before.

I don't know anything about Indy "not working properly", but I was planning on incorporating CT's newer icons into Indy's SVN, but hadn't gotten to it yet, and then Embarcadero recently offered to update Indy's icons with their own high-quality replacements (as they are working on new icons for their own components).  So Indy will definitely be getting new icons in the near future.

I decided to add Indy trunk to OPM a week a go(r. 5440).  Still a little bit behind, but at least is the official release.

Well, not *official* from me, anyway.  But as long as it stays relatively up-to-date from the SVN trunk or nightly mirror, then OK.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

lainz

« Reply #1070 on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:36 pm »
@lainz
Thank you! I will update it as soon as possible. Now we are trying to link the two package system together. For example, when you add a package dependency to your project, Lazarus will also search for packages in the main repository. At least this is the idea(see attachment). The feature requires a lot of changes both in OPM and the internal Package System. For a while I will be unable to update the central repository.

I see, now I noticed that the external updates are not working. Just in case is not an intentional change, but I'm sure is because you're working on stuff for the OPM.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1071 on: December 10, 2017, 04:51:28 pm »
@lainz
I completely forgot about BGRAControls. Sorry for that.  :-[ I just updated the main repository. Please test.

I see, now I noticed that the external updates are not working. Just in case is not an intentional change, but I'm sure is because you're working on stuff for the OPM.
Yes updates are disabled for a while in Lazarus trunk, with a regular 1.8 install should work fine.

PS: If you have trunk, can you please test the new feature(see attached image)? Install a package directly from the "New requirement" dialog?

lainz

« Reply #1072 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »
I have a build made with FPCUpDeluxe. I did not remember than updating Lazarus takes a lot of time on an existent installation! But it does it automatically so I don't need to install svn or anything else (No reporting bugs in the bugtracker since a lot of time - almost all fixed btw). Edit: I must buy a SSD.

Getting back into theme, the installation of the package BGRAControlsFX from the new requirement menu works fine.

I have a question, I several times get an error opening projects when packages are not installed. Maybe this new feature can be used to detect missing dependency and install them instead of throwing a lot of error messages?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:01:25 pm by lainz »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1073 on: December 10, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »
I have a build made with FPCUpDeluxe. I did not remember than updating Lazarus takes a lot of time on an existent installation! But it does it automatically so I don't need to install svn or anything else (No reporting bugs in the bugtracker since a lot of time - almost all fixed btw). Edit: I must buy a SSD.
A SSD makes a big difference. Lazarus builds much much faster.

Getting back into theme, the installation of the package BGRAControlsFX from the new requirement menu works fine.
Thanks for testing. I'm glad it's working.

I have a question, I several times get an error opening projects when packages are not installed. Maybe this new feature can be used to detect missing dependency and install them instead of throwing a lot of error messages?
This is the next step, I hope it will be ready soon.

lainz

« Reply #1074 on: December 11, 2017, 02:23:17 am »
Great job!

Also I noticed that Windows Defender is doing the lazarus rebuild slower.. not just the HD.

BeanzMaster

« Reply #1075 on: December 12, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »
Hi to all i transmit a message from the french forum :

With the SVN version I had it for some time and there are a lot of obsolete packages that have lost their dependencies or who lack one or two files to settle. I think it would require a small household.

For example i can't install LazProfiler, the dependancy VirtualTreeview not want to install.

I give you more informations. On wich package don't working well

balazsszekely

« Reply #1076 on: December 12, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »
Hi BeanzMaster,

We are rewriting a large part of OPM. SVN won't work properly for a while. The goal is to make OPM a natural extension of the build in package manager(see screnshot1). For SVN users I recommend to update OPM via OPM, so you will get the latest stable version, the same is shipped with Lazarus 1.8

PS: Before you install a package, please check: Lazarus/FPC compatibility, supported widgetset(see screenshot2).  Some package may not work with your current OS/Lazarus/FPC.  If you find a broken package, please report it here, I will fix it as soon as possible, usually in less then 24 hour. If a package has a new version somewhere else, please leave a message in this thread or send it via "Submit" button(http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager#Create_repository_package).  There are more then 130 package in the central repository, I cannot check every package each day, it's not realistic.

regards,
GetMem
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:18:43 pm by GetMem »

BeanzMaster

« Reply #1077 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »
Thanks for the answer. I'm understanding, you've already make a huge work  8)
I'm waiting callback from some french users of a list of packages. I'll post here

Thanks

lainz

« Reply #1078 on: December 13, 2017, 10:41:54 pm »
Hi GetMem, I did some changes in new BGRAControls v4.4 so Linux users don't need to install anything to run BGRAControls by default. This is the changelog:

Since v4.4 the components TBCDefaultThemeManager, TBCKeyboard and TBCNumericKeyboard are not installed by default to allow Linux users to get a seamless installation with the Online Package Manager, not installing third party stuff. If you want these components turn on the "Register unit" in the package options for each file (bcdefaulthememanager.pas, bckeyboard.pas, bcnumerickeyboard.pas) then compile and rebuild Lazarus. On Linux you need to install libxtst-dev and libgl-dev first.

If you can please update the package in the Online Package Manager so anyone interested can benefit from it.

Also I know that some components did not install as well on macOS (these virtual keyboard controls) due to don't have proper working code in 'mouseandkeyinput' that is shipped with bgracontrols, don't know if the one shipped with lazarus has a fix for that.

BTW these controls I think no one is using them, but if one is using can easily turn them on.

I did not need to install libgl-dev because I not checked the opengl package from BGRABitmap.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1079 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:59 am »
Hi lainz,

I did some changes in new BGRAControls v4.4 so Linux users don't need to install anything to run BGRAControls by default. This is the changelog:
If you can please update the package in the Online Package Manager so anyone interested can benefit from it.
Done. Please test.

PS: I made some progress with OPM integration. When a package is not installed, but available online, project inspector will display it with different icon and text(as in the image). By double clicking the missing package you can download/install it. Can you or somebody else please test it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:26:19 am by GetMem »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018