Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 834870 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #765 on: March 24, 2017, 04:20:18 pm »
@Juha
I know OpMan has supported older Lazarus versions with IFDEFs. I don't have objections if somebody wants to add IFDEFs but it is quite unusual. If somebody wants to use latest development from trunk, he can download trunk. This applies to ProjectGroups and any other package in trunk as well.
I don't think it's worth ifdef-ing the latest changes. After Lazarus 1.8 is forked, we drop support for older versions. I can upload somewhere a zip with an older OPM, in case somebody insist to stay with the 1.6 series.

Rayvenhaus

« Reply #766 on: March 24, 2017, 04:47:56 pm »
So, the current version of OPM does not work with the latest released version of Lazarus? I either have to roll back a version of Lazarus or wait till a new version of Lazarus is released?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #767 on: March 24, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »
It's a matter of hours or days rather than weeks if I understand the Laz devs correctly.
Specialize a type, not a var.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #768 on: March 24, 2017, 04:56:47 pm »
@Rayvenhaus, the issue was quite clearly explained by myself and by GetMem.
GetMem even copied a compatible version to a server for you.

It's a matter of hours or days rather than weeks if I understand the Laz devs correctly.
What is a matter of hours or days?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

balazsszekely

« Reply #769 on: March 24, 2017, 05:00:34 pm »
So, the current version of OPM does not work with the latest released version of Lazarus?

Yes.

I either have to roll back a version of Lazarus or wait till a new version of Lazarus is released?
No. Please see my previous post. You can download a version of OPM from march 14. It's basically the same version(no new function added). After march 14 OPM is heavily refactored in attempt to link the two package system together.

wp

« Reply #770 on: March 29, 2017, 08:21:18 pm »
I made a minor revision of the spktoolbar package today, uploaded a new zip file to sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/SpkToolbar/spktoolbar-0.1.1.zip/download) and updated the json with the new zip file name and the new version number (0.1.1). I updated Lazarus trunk to get the current OPM and set it up to check for updates every few minutes. But now that half a day has passed OPM still displays version 0.1.0 as being the most up-to-date version - it should be 0.1.1. GetMem, did I do something wrong?

BTW: If I right-click in OPM on "package info" of any package I can select an option to "show json". I'd expect to see the json of this particular package, but the function shows the jsons of all packages. Would it be possible to filter the list such that only the json of the clicked package is displayed?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #771 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »
Just an aside: I am getting to like it... :)
Specialize a type, not a var.

balazsszekely

« Reply #772 on: March 29, 2017, 09:12:16 pm »
@wp
I made a minor revision of the spktoolbar package today, uploaded a new zip file to sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/SpkToolbar/spktoolbar-0.1.1.zip/download) and updated the json with the new zip file name and the new version number (0.1.1). I updated Lazarus trunk to get the current OPM and set it up to check for updates every few minutes. But now that half a day has passed OPM still displays version 0.1.0 as being the most up-to-date version - it should be 0.1.1. GetMem, did I do something wrong?
After a quick debug it turn out that the JSON is invalid. I run it through a validator, I believe you accidentally deleted the coma after the "DownloadZipURL" line(see image).

BTW: If I right-click in OPM on "package info" of any package I can select an option to "show json". I'd expect to see the json of this particular package, but the function shows the jsons of all packages. Would it be possible to filter the list such that only the json of the clicked package is displayed?
Initially the "show json" was meant for debugging purposes, but I forget to remove it.  :-[ I don't know if it's useful for other things, but I can add the filter if you like.

balazsszekely

« Reply #773 on: March 29, 2017, 09:14:50 pm »
@Thaddy
Just an aside: I am getting to like it... :)
Thank you!

wp

« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2017, 10:08:20 pm »
I believe you accidentally deleted the coma after the "DownloadZipURL" line(see image).
:-[ The good thing is: I'll never make this error again

But the bad thing is: It does not seem to fix the problem. I uploaded the corrected update.json file about an hour ago, but OPM still displays the old version 0.1.0

BTW: What is the "repository filename"? The name of the zipped package in the Lazarus repository, or the name in the sourceforge repository? In the latter case the filename would be wrong: it would be spktoolbar-0.1.zip for the current version displayed (and spktoolbar-0.1.1.zip for the new version)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:18:39 pm by wp »

balazsszekely

« Reply #775 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »
But the bad thing is: It does not seem to fix the problem. I uploaded the corrected update.json file about an hour ago, but OPM still displays the old version 0.1.0
Yes, apparently the latest attempt to unify the two package system broke something. I'm gonna fix the issue tomorrow, because it's late here.

BTW: What is the "repository filename"?
The name of the zipped package in the Lazarus repository.

Fred vS

• StrumPract is the musicians best friend
« Reply #776 on: March 30, 2017, 12:18:38 am »
Hello GetMem.

I get this message while clicking on Update: Downloader Inet not supported., then a access violation.

I use Lazarus 1.6.4 and fpc 3.0.2 on Linux Mint 64 bit.

Fre;D
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.
Widgetset: fpGUI, MSEgui, Win32, GTK2, Qt.

https://github.com/fredvs
https://gitlab.com/fredvs
https://codeberg.org/fredvs

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #777 on: March 30, 2017, 01:55:52 am »
Looks like you've installed the wrong package manager? (Blaszyk)
That one has been removed from future Lazarus's.
Get the right one.
It's included with Lazarus trunk.
more signal - less noise

balazsszekely

« Reply #778 on: March 30, 2017, 07:26:58 am »
@wp
I fixed in r. 54500. Please test. Thank you!

wp

« Reply #779 on: March 30, 2017, 09:41:45 am »
No change still. Maybe I am looking at the false place? Or because the package is installed from my working repository (instead of the Lazarus repository) and therefore the package is "up to date"? In the attachment there's a screenshot of OPM. I am talking about the value shown in column "Repository": It should be 0.1.1.0 instead of 0.1.0.0

TinyPortal © 2005-2018