Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 839864 times)

rvk

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »
You might want to add onlinepackagemanager to the repository so we can update the manager itself to the latest version easily :D

(I don't see that one yet in your localhost repository)

Or will there be some self-auto-updater?

balazsszekely

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2016, 06:10:08 am »
@rvk
You might want to add onlinepackagemanager to the repository so we can update the manager itself to the latest version easily :D
+1. Added.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2016, 11:30:15 am »
In case not already having considered, i would have expected the download location to be part of the options inside the online package manager. At least don't let me start selecting a directory from my computer top-level but in user dir or lazarus dir (i usually install my packages alongside lazarus install dir for lazarus 1.7 series).
Under linux, osx the lazarus install dir sometimes is read only.
How about remembering last download location?
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Groffy

« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2016, 12:04:03 pm »
+1. Added.

Can't see it in the repository. Is the adress http://104.199.177.61/ still correct?

Thanks
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

balazsszekely

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »
@avra
How about remembering last download location?
Consider it done.

@Groffy
Can't see it in the repository. Is the adress http://104.199.177.61/ still correct?
Yes, but it's not updated yet. I'm still waiting for packages.

macmike

• Soft-Practice
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2016, 12:27:26 pm »
Great work, this is brilliant

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »
I copy here GetMem's earlier instructions in this same thread. The thread is long and they may get buried and forgotten.
---
To create a repository package please go to Create-->Create repository package toolbutton, then:
- select the package main directory(lazopkman will recursively search for all package files inside the folder)
- select the packages you wish to include
- choose a category
- adjust package info if necessary(lazarus/fpc compatibility, suppported widgetset, etc)
- press the create button
The whole process should take no longer then 1-2 min/ package. If all goes well you should get a zip and a json file. Upload somewhere the files and send me the link, alternatively you can send it to getmem1@gmail.com . I will wait a week or so then update the main repository agin. A realistic target is 50+ packages.
---

One thing: the Create --> "Create repository package" feature should have a filter for file types. Now everything is included. Maybe something similar to the Publish Project filter in Lazarus.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:17:22 pm by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

rvk

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »
I copy here GetMem's earlier instructions in this same thread. The thread is long and they may get buried and forgotten.
Should this only be done by the maintainer of those packages or can anybody submit random packages?

Also... what to do with packages which don't have maintainers (or maintainers who are not part of the Lazarus community like for Ararat Synapse)?

balazsszekely

« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
@rvk
Should this only be done by the maintainer of those packages or can anybody submit random packages?
Anyone can submit any package. In a worse case scenario we will have a few duplicates, I will filter them out. Different versions of the same package is also allowed.

Also... what to do with packages which don't have maintainers (or maintainers who are not part of the Lazarus community like for Ararat Synapse)?
Even more important to submit it. I already added Ararat Synapse because it's a well known package, but my knowledge is limited.

So far we have 32 packages:
bgra_controls
bgra_controls_fx
bgrabitmap9.2.1
cmdline
colorpalette
csvdocument
dcpcrypt-2.0.4.1
epiktimer
eyecandycontrols_0-9-6
FileMenuHandler
fortes4lazarus 3.24
fortesreport-ce4
fpspreadsheet
HistoryFiles
indy10.6.2.0
jujiboutils
lclextensions-0.6
mplayer0.1.2
OnlinePackageManager
playsoundpackage
plotpanel-lazarus-0.97.1
powerpdf_0.9.14
richmemo1.0
ringwatch
SMNetGradient2.0.6
spktoolbar
synapse40
tvplanit
uniqueinstance
virtualtreeview-4.8.7-R4
virtualtreeview-5.5.3-R1
zeosdbo-7.1.4

PS: We can always extend the package list. There is no time limit. It would be nice though to have 50+ packages to test the functionality of lazopkman.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:55:11 pm by GetMem »

Groffy

« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »
PS: We can always extend the package list. There is no time limit. It would be nice though to have 50+ packages to test the functionality of lazopkman.

What about the KControls component suite package? They are really great, coming with a powerful grid component.
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

rvk

« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2016, 03:25:24 pm »
I see for Synapse you took the "stable" version 40.
It might also be a good idea to include (or replace it with) the trunk version.
https://sourceforge.net/p/synalist/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/

The stable version 40 is very very old and the trunk version is considered stable enough.
(There are some minor issues with v40 and it's always advised, also here on the forum, to take the trunk version of Synapse, which hasn't changed since februari 2015)

wp

« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »
What about the KControls component suite package? They are really great, coming with a powerful grid component.
I would second that. But there is the usual problem of finding the correct sources. The version in ccr is doing fine, but I think it is out-dated. The version on the original site (http://www.tkweb.eu/en/delphicomp/) seems to be last modified in April this year, much more recent. The message is signed by a user "tk". The same name exists also in this forum.

@tk: Are you the author of KControls? If yes: Which is the best version to be included in the Package Manager?

balazsszekely

« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2016, 09:13:57 pm »
Ok, I added:
- Synapse trunk(lpk version 40.1.0.0)
- KControls_1.7(in order to compile, I had to modify the source)

minesadorada

• Retired
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2016, 09:27:21 pm »
When I used OnlinePackageManager to create a package, it zips up both the /backup and /lib folders if they exist.  This is obviously not a good idea.

Is that current behaviour?
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

balazsszekely

« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »
When I used OnlinePackageManager to create a package, it zips up both the /backup and /lib folders if they exist. 
Don't worry about the /backup and /lib folder, I will remove them manually.
This is obviously not a good idea.
I agree. I can add a feature that skips the /backup and /lib folder, however this won't prevent someone with malicious purpose. A manual check is mandatory.

PS: If you have a package, please send it to me.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:54:54 pm by GetMem »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018