Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 842619 times)

inoussa

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #885 on: August 10, 2017, 01:35:08 pm »
... but some of them prefer not to collaborate(like WTS) which is perfectly fine.

Hello,

I am the author of WST. I am very surprised and disappointed to read this. Where did I say or express any will not to collaborate ? This is just FUD.
Please you know you time, agenda, not mine, I am not at the moment able to provide this immediately, that does not mean I refuse to
collaborate.

Best regards.

balazsszekely

« Reply #886 on: August 10, 2017, 02:41:55 pm »
Hi inoussa,

First of all I'm not spreading FUD, because I'm not like that at all. Although you did not explicitly say it, I would like to explain why I came to the wrong conclusion that you're not interested:
1. Last year another forum member asked you on the WST support forum, if you can provide a package for OPM. Since then the request was repeated a few times without any result.
2. You did not respond to questions related to WST(aked by me and other in this forum)

Please note: I'm not judging you in any way. I do understand that people are busy and there are far more important things in life then Lazarus, forum questions and OPM. I'm glad you're interested and sorry for the misunderstanding.

regards,
GetMem

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #887 on: August 10, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »
Hi GetMem,

I've made a change in the master of bgracontrols, and I want to notify the users for that change, for those who are using OPM of course.

This is the json
https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgracontrols/blob/master/update_bgracontrols_force.json

Is that OK? I've changed force to true and increased the InternalVersion to 2.

balazsszekely

« Reply #888 on: August 10, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
Hi lainz,

That is correct. If you did not use InternalVersion = 2 in the past, the notification should work fine. If it's not working please let me know.

lainz

« Reply #889 on: August 10, 2017, 10:15:40 pm »
Hi lainz,

That is correct. If you did not use InternalVersion = 2 in the past, the notification should work fine. If it's not working please let me know.

Thanks. It's working on 1.8RC3. I've tested on 1.6 and was not working, for that I asked.

cpicanco

• Behavioral Scientist and Programmer
    • Portfolio
« Reply #890 on: August 10, 2017, 11:52:58 pm »
Thanks. It's working on 1.8RC3. I've tested on 1.6 and was not working, for that I asked.

Is it working? I could install and use it. But after closing Lazarus, the "Online Package Manager" menu item disappears. In "Install Package" list, it is shown as "marked for installation but not installed.

PS.: Linux (*.deb) 1.8RC3.
Be mindful and excellent with each other.
https://github.com/cpicanco/

lainz

« Reply #891 on: August 10, 2017, 11:54:43 pm »

Is it working? I could install and use it. But after closing Lazarus, the "Online Package Manager" menu item disappears. In "Install Package" list, it is shown as "marked for installation but not installed.

PS.: Linux (*.deb) 1.8RC3.

It works. But not tested on Linux by myself.

cpicanco

• Portfolio
« Reply #892 on: August 10, 2017, 11:55:52 pm »
Should I report this as a bug in the bugtracker?

lainz

« Reply #893 on: August 10, 2017, 11:57:04 pm »

I think is not neccessary, since the main developer check this forum regularly.

Phil

« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2017, 12:42:00 am »

I think is not neccessary, since the main developer check this forum regularly.

Has anyone tested OPM on Mac? I just looked at it now for the first time and there are some things that appear to be broken or at least I don't understand quite what's going on. With Laz 1.8RC3:

- Scrolling the main list doesn't work right. On a MacBook, scrolling is normally done via the trackpad. This is much faster than moving the mouse over to the scroll bar. But in the OPM control, scrolling with the trackpad just makes it jiggle.

- Clicking Help button does nothing.

- The initial order of the packages appears to be alphabetic, but then I see CodesigningHelper between LazBarcodes and LazRichView.

- Only the packages and rating columns are non-blank (and all ratings are 5 stars). Shouldn't there be something in the Repository and Status columns, or am I reading that wrong?

- Shouldn't the author and license info be listed when a package is expanded? I don't see this anywhere.

- Clicking on a package's URL does nothing. But double-clicking does. This is a non-standard way of handling an underlined link that looks like an HTML link.

Update:

- The bug with the Help button is probably because you're using OpenDocument. Use OpenURL instead. The help link is not a "document". Check other uses of OpenDocument.

- Another odd UI bug: At first I thought the folder button on the "Create repository package" dialog was broken, because you have to click it twice. Something wrong there.

- Don't exclude .json files by default. That's like excluding .xml. I couldn't figure out why the contents of the OPM .zip differed in size from my .zip so I went down the list file by file and discovered that .json files were left out.

- Do exclude by default .so, .dll, .dylib. See .gitignore for other examples of oddball files that sometimes creep into folders. And some packages uses "units" instead of "lib" so exclude that by default too.

- The wiki screenshot of "Create repository package" dialog looks nothing like what I see. I don't see any place to edit widgetsets supported, etc. So I guess changes need to be made in the resulting .json file manually. But then how to get back into the dialog to click Submit? And how to test the .json short of submitting it first?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:09:05 am by Phil »

balazsszekely

« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2017, 07:02:22 am »
@cpicanco
Is it working? But after closing Lazarus, the "Online Package Manager" menu item disappears. In "Install Package" list, it is shown as "marked for installation but not installed
If it's shown as "marked for installation" you have to rebuild Lazarus first. If you already done that, most likely you have a problem with the Lazarus installation not OPM itself. Please try to rebuild Lazarus with option "Clean all". If I remember correctly, not so long ago you had some issues with the component palette, it disappeared without any reason. Maybe the two are related and there is a broken config file in your system.  I want to take every OPM related bug seriously, but in this particular case I have a feeling that the issue is somewhere else. If you still consider is an OPM related bug, please tell me the exact linux distro, so I can install it in a VM and run a few tests. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:20:48 am by GetMem »

balazsszekely

« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2017, 07:04:19 am »
@Phil
Thanks for testing. Before I start, I would like to mention that until next week I don't have access to macOS 10.12 Sierra, so I did my testing with OSX 10.8 "Mountain Lion"(Lazarus trunk/FPC 3.0.2). I did test OPM in the past with Sierra, there is no difference as far as I can tell(regarding OPM).

Issues that I was abble to reproduce and fix:
- Clicking Help button does nothing.
- The bug with the Help button is probably because you're using OpenDocument. Use OpenURL instead. The help link is not a "document". Check other uses of OpenDocument.          
True. Replaced OpenDocument with OpenURL in r. 55648. Thanks.
- Don't exclude .json files by default. That's like excluding .xml. I couldn't figure out why the contents of the OPM .zip differed in size from my .zip so I went down the list file by file and discovered that .json files were left out.
- Do exclude by default .so, .dll, .dylib. See .gitignore for other examples of oddball files that sometimes creep into folders. And some packages uses "units" instead of "lib" so exclude that by default too.
Fixed in r. 55648. In order for the changes to take effect you have to click the "Restore Defaults" button(OPM-->Options).
- Clicking on a package's URL does nothing. But double-clicking does. This is a non-standard way of handling an underlined link that looks like an HTML link.
Fixed in r. 55649. Thanks.

Issues that I was unable to reproduce:
- The initial order of the packages appears to be alphabetic, but then I see CodesigningHelper between LazBarcodes and LazRichView.
See attachment1(PackageOrder.png).
- Only the packages and rating columns are non-blank (and all ratings are 5 stars). Shouldn't there be something in the Repository and Status columns, or am I reading that wrong?
- Shouldn't the author and license info be listed when a package is expanded? I don't see this anywhere.
In order to see detailed info about the package, you have to expand the tree(nodes). The ratings are disabled(grayed) be default. When you rate a package the stars change color. See attachment2(Rating_Authors.png).
- Another odd UI bug: At first I thought the folder button on the "Create repository package" dialog was broken, because you have to click it twice. Something wrong there.
It works fine at my side with a single click. It's a standard TDirectoryEdit component. Can you please test if TDirectoryEdit works on your computer? In a separate project.
The wiki screenshot of "Create repository package" dialog looks nothing like what I see. I don't see any place to edit widgetsets supported, etc. So I guess changes need to be made in the resulting .json file manually. But then how to get back into the dialog to click Submit? And how to test the .json short of submitting it first?
You have to select a package folder first, to be more precise the root directory of the package. After that all available *.lpk's are listed, with all the information available. See attachment3(CreatePackage.png)

Issues that I cannot test.
- Scrolling the main list doesn't work right. On a MacBook, scrolling is normally done via the trackpad. This is much faster than moving the mouse over to the scroll bar. But in the OPM control, scrolling with the trackpad just makes it jiggle.
Unfortunately I don't have a trackpad just a regular mouse so I cannot test(IMac). OPM uses VirtualStringTree(VST) to display the list of packages so it's probably a VST bug. I would like to mention that in my experience many components are broken under carbon. For example listview is basically unusable(please see the following thread: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,37581.msg252965.html#msg252965 ). VST works exceptionally well under win32/win64, gtk2 but apparently it has some minor issues under carbon. I will try to fix this issue as soon as possible(I need a trackpad first).

PS: I created a small video with OPM under OSX(please watch it in 720p): https://youtu.be/X1gD1aFhmow
PS1: It just occurred to me that maybe you don't see the + sign before each node. This issue might be caused by the latest changes in trunk related to high DPI. Especially true if you have retina display.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:29:37 am by GetMem »

cpicanco

• Portfolio
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:48 pm »
@GetMem, after installation of OPM and rebuilding Lazarus, everything was working just fine. However, when lazarus is closed, the OPM menu item is gone and the OPM package is marked as "not installed - marked to install". I can confirm that other packages installed through OPM (in  ~/.lazarus/onlinepackagemanager/packages/) are also marked as "marked to install". I am using Lazarus 1.8RC3 from the official *.deb files in a Debian 8 based distro (Bunden Labs). I am really not sure if it is related to Lazarus installation. Is there anything I can do to test this further??

cpicanco

• Portfolio
« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2017, 05:33:29 pm »
In fact, it seems not related to OPM. After installation and rebuilding, other packages are being marked as "not installed - marked for installation". Maybe a Lazarus 1.8RC3 bug?

Phil

« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »
In fact, it seems not related to OPM. After installation and rebuilding, other packages are being marked as "not installed - marked for installation". Maybe a Lazarus 1.8RC3 bug?

You could try 1.8RC4. It's available now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018