Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 834800 times)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #840 on: June 21, 2017, 09:40:09 pm »
In the mean time,why doesn't it work on arm? But is available?(I know, the implementation avl tree uses x86 assembler, in a useless manner:it doesn't (hardly) optimize. Skip such bollocks)
Just use a pure pascal virtual tree.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:43:19 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

balazsszekely

« Reply #841 on: June 22, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »
@Thaddy
I cannot test on ARM, feel free to create a patch if you like. Most likely VST has some bugs. I tested OPM under win32/64, gtk2, carbon, qt.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #842 on: June 22, 2017, 12:44:15 pm »
I know, the implementation avl tree uses x86 assembler, in a useless manner:it doesn't (hardly) optimize.
You mean virtual treeview, right.
Yes, that is a real problem in a cross-platform system. Luis Américo has many versions of the component ported, including the latest (was it 6?). Maybe he has a solution for future.
Now the situation is messy because there are so many versions around and the one used by OPM is a local copy of one oldish version.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #843 on: June 22, 2017, 12:44:23 pm »
The code contains inline assembler that is intel specific. And that assembler adds hardly anything compared with what the compiler generates. It also makes a port more difficult.
Specialize a type, not a var.

wp

« Reply #844 on: June 25, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »
@GetMem: please, could you add the new ChemText package to OPM?

balazsszekely

« Reply #845 on: June 26, 2017, 06:06:27 am »
@wp
Done. It's a nice component.

wp

« Reply #846 on: June 26, 2017, 09:18:13 am »
Thanks back to you. And the updateJson is stored here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/chemtext/OPM/update_ChemText.json/download

[EDIT]
BTW - I saw that the structure of the updateJSON has changed. There's node "UpdateLazPackages" now, instead of "UpdatePackageFiles". Is this of any relevance for me?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:38:22 am by wp »

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #847 on: June 27, 2017, 10:15:00 pm »
I will wait until Inoussa applies the patch, then I will add the package to the main repository.
Inoussa has just told me that he applied the patch. Can't wait to test it.  :)
Well, I tested and found lots of problems in WST trunk. In order to avoid hijacking this thread again I will continue WST patch discussion here:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,24519.msg250764.html#msg250764

It would be nice if someone else can confirm my findings.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:20:08 pm by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

balazsszekely

« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2017, 06:21:00 am »
Sorry for the late response I was in a short vacation.

@wp
Thanks back to you. And the updateJson is stored here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/chemtext/OPM/update_ChemText.json/download
Done. Thank you. I ran a few test the update works well, however the lpk version is still 1.0 instead of 1.1 after update.

[EDIT]
BTW - I saw that the structure of the updateJSON has changed. There's node "UpdateLazPackages" now, instead of "UpdatePackageFiles". Is this of any relevance for me?
@Juha refactored/renamed a few class so the structure of the update json has also changed. It should work without any issues.

@avra
Well, I tested and found lots of problems in WST trunk. In order to avoid hijacking this thread again I will continue WST patch discussion here:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,24519.msg250764.html#msg250764

It would be nice if someone else can confirm my findings.  :-\
I will run a few tests next week.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:22:58 am by GetMem »

wp

« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2017, 09:21:57 am »
I ran a few test the update works well, however the lpk version is still 1.0 instead of 1.1 after update.
Thanks for notifying me. Too many steps involved... Should be fixed now (version 0.1.2).

balazsszekely

« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2017, 11:49:09 am »
Thanks for notifying me. Too many steps involved... Should be fixed now (version 0.1.2).
It works fine now. I also updated the package from the main repository to the latest version 0.1.2.

minesadorada

• Retired
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:31 pm »
@Juha refactored/renamed a few class so the structure of the update json has also changed. It should work without any issues.
Are the changes backward-compatible with the original spec?
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

balazsszekely

« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2017, 05:21:59 pm »
@minesadorada
Are the changes backward-compatible with the original spec?
Yes. You don't have to modify the old json files. 

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #853 on: June 30, 2017, 03:49:07 am »
Talking about NuGet ... can somebody please tell me how it manages the packages?
I understood it has a centralized place for them but who is allowed to add / remove / update packages?

It has server side SW which enables interactive feedback from users.
It would be useful in our system, too, but will not be implemented initially for sure.

Users do:
https://www.nuget.org/users/account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2Faccount

Register and you get access to it.

And this is what annoys me about Embarcadero's GetIt Package Manager.  Everything has to go through Embarcadero.  Submissions, updates, installation steps, everything has to be sent to Embarcadero and then they have to apply it to GetIt.  End users have no direct access over their own entries.  I want to get Indy into GetIt, but Indy doesn't have a clean installation process (less so for C++Builder than Delphi), so I have been re-working Indy's package structure to simplify installation before I will submit it to *any* online Package Manager.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #854 on: June 30, 2017, 06:05:04 am »
PS: I also post a list with available packages, if somebody knows a package that is not in the list, please let me know.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. Indy

Did someone post Indy to OPM without telling me??? :o

I'm Indy's maintainer, but I'm not a FreePascal/Lazarus user.  Now how am I supposed to keep Indy updated in OPM, or make future changes to it, if I don't even know how it was setup in OPM?  I guess the OPM maintainer is going to have to send me the current details.

Now granted, anyone can submit any component for consideration for inclusion in OPM.  But come on, shouldn't there be some checks-and-balances in place to make sure that some reasonable amount of effort is made to contact the component owners to get permission before actually adding it to the list?  Maybe the owners aren't around anymore?  OK, do whatever with it.  Maybe the owners are still around and will want to maintain it themselves?  OK, give them the option.  Have some consideration, please!

Since Indy does support FreePascal/Lazarus, now I have to take time out of my busy schedule to figure out how to setup Indy on my end to continue supporting OPM now that it is already in the system, before I was ready for it.  Thanks for forcing my hand.  >:(  :'(
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:38:04 am by Remy Lebeau »
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018