Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835925 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1470 on: December 23, 2018, 02:24:29 pm »
Sry for my late answer!
No problem.

I tested it with trunk (r. 59862) and it is now ok.
But in 2.0.0 RC3 it is still marked as installed. Any chance to get a fix for 2.0.0?
Thanks. I will add it to 2.0 RC4.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1471 on: December 23, 2018, 04:09:24 pm »
With FUD (FpcUpDeluxe) generated 32bit Laz 2.0 fixes + FPC 3.2 fixes on Win10 x64, I've found that after installing TDINoteBook from external repo OPM still reports that we have a newer package in external repo. I guess that's because external repo JSON says that it is 0.2.1.0, but after installation it reads from LPK that it is still 0.2.0.0. Similar goes for ColorPalette. External repo reports 0.2.4.0, OPM repo reports 0.2.2.0, and after external repo installation OPM says we have 0.2.3.0 so external repo is still reported as NEW.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1472 on: December 23, 2018, 04:42:58 pm »
Rest Dataware has several packages, but each package outputs PPUs in different dir. Since packages use several same units, we end up with the same PPUs existing in several directories. That bothers Lazarus which reports that PPUs with same name are found at several places. I have attached modified LPK files for these packages changed in a way that they all output PPUs to the same dir, so each PPU exist only once. That way Lazarus will not ask us to ignore PPUs found in different places since they will be all in one place and no duplicates.

I will report here as well: https://github.com/Rest-Dataware/RDW-Componente/issues

EDIT: I just reported to the author...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:52:28 pm by avra »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1473 on: December 23, 2018, 05:04:42 pm »
I guess that's because external repo JSON says that it is 0.2.1.0, but after installation it reads from LPK that it is still 0.2.0.0. Similar goes for ColorPalette. External repo reports 0.2.4.0, OPM repo reports 0.2.2.0, and after external repo installation OPM says we have 0.2.3.0 so external repo is still reported as NEW.
Yes, you're right @avra. OPM reads the version info from the package file, if the external json reports a higher value then the one in the lpk, OPM will display NEW even after you install the package from the developers page. This is confusing for the user, but technically it's not a bug. I can update the lpk files in the central repository if needed, to match the one in the json file. But this should be done by the package maintainer, since I really don't know which is the correct version(lpk vs json).

Rest Dataware has several packages, but each package outputs PPUs in different dir. Since packages use several same units, we end up with the same PPUs existing in several directories. That bothers Lazarus which reports that PPUs with same name are found at several places. I have attached modified LPK files for these packages changed in a way that they all output PPUs to the same dir, so each PPU exist only once. That way Lazarus will not ask us to ignore PPUs found in different places since they will be all in one place and no duplicates.

I will report here as well: https://github.com/Rest-Dataware/RDW-Componente/issues

EDIT: I just reported to the author...
Thank you.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1474 on: December 23, 2018, 08:21:27 pm »
I looked at OPM's PascalSCADA a little deeper, and I find it odd to see that directories docs and examples are missing. I have understanding for other directories and Delphi left overs, but I think that examples and docs are essential for using PascalSCADA. I found my self downloading original repo archive just to extract these. GetMem, could you please take them back?

I have also faced a problem during compilation of OPM's PascalSCADA packages that Lazarus was creating a copy of all lfm files in output lib directory, so it complained later that there were duplicates and asked if I would ignore that and proceed with compilation. I did and it works, but strange thing is that I still can't understand how could this have happened. Anyone, I would really appreciate hints for understanding it since I would like to have it fixed.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1475 on: December 24, 2018, 09:05:34 am »
I looked at OPM's PascalSCADA a little deeper, and I find it odd to see that directories docs and examples are missing. I have understanding for other directories and Delphi left overs, but I think that examples and docs are essential for using PascalSCADA. I found my self downloading original repo archive just to extract these. GetMem, could you please take them back?
From where did you download the repo? I cannot access pascalscada.com.

I have also faced a problem during compilation of OPM's PascalSCADA packages that Lazarus was creating a copy of all lfm files in output lib directory, so it complained later that there were duplicates and asked if I would ignore that and proceed with compilation. I did and it works, but strange thing is that I still can't understand how could this have happened. Anyone, I would really appreciate hints for understanding it since I would like to have it fixed.
Strange...I did not noticed this behaviour before.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #1476 on: December 24, 2018, 09:11:37 am »
From where did you download the repo? I cannot access pascalscada.com.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalscada/files/

balazsszekely

« Reply #1477 on: December 25, 2018, 08:29:46 am »
@avra
Thanks. Please test again, I updated the central repository.

wp

« Reply #1478 on: December 25, 2018, 08:14:56 pm »
GetMem, I updated the Industrial package to v0.3
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/industrialstuff/industrialstuff-0.3.0.zip/download
- updated json at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/industrialstuff/OPM/update_industrial.json/download

Please update the Lazarus repository - thank you.

The new version fixes a compilation error on non-Windows systems and adds two new components, TmKnob and TOnOffSwitch.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1479 on: December 25, 2018, 08:56:31 pm »
@wp
Done. Thanks for the new version.

wp

« Reply #1480 on: December 27, 2018, 06:39:55 pm »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1481 on: December 27, 2018, 08:07:55 pm »
@wp
Done. Thanks.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1482 on: December 27, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »
Download is slow, i'm downloading at 200 kb/s...

Yesterday it was downloading at 1 mbps so it's better now, much faster.

mdbs99

• Software Engineer. Husband. Trader.
    • website
« Reply #1483 on: January 03, 2019, 05:30:09 pm »
Hi,
First of all, thanks for the great work on OPM - we should have it years ago.
I've already used OPM and it's worked perfectly, however I have a new requirement to configure a new IDE and I'm not sure if OPM is the easy way to do what I need:
My team uses some libs and each one has an specific version. Sometimes this version is trunk+rev.X.X.X, sometimes just last stable version.
My question is: as OPM do not configure SVN/Git local information for each lib, which is the best way for me to configure my IDE using different versions that were not registered on OPM?
For example: We use ZEOS 7.2-patches, which is not available in OPM. How can we use this version, to put into OPM to warning us when they update this repository?

The ENV that I need to do that is Lazarus 1.9.0 r58537M FPC 3.1.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

balazsszekely

« Reply #1484 on: January 03, 2019, 09:38:44 pm »
Hi mdbs99,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm afraid what are you looking for is not possible. OPM only supports the latest stable version of a particular package. There are a few exceptions from the rule, when the release cycle is slow for example, I do add svn version of a package from time to time.   

PS: You can create private repositories if you like, for more information please read the following page: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager#Create_a_private_repository
But I guess is not exactly what are you looking for.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:02:06 pm by GetMem »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018