Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Pascal has nothing to do with the Mozilla Recovery tool by that name?  (Read 3752 times)

Lazarusfan17

• Always something there to remind me
Sorry for what must be a stupid question, but may I please ask if there is any relationship at all between the Free Pascal Lazarus Project and the Lazarus Recovery Tool by Mozilla? I mean, are there any special interactions between them?

Thank you!

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Nothing but the name.

Lazarusfan17

• Always something there to remind me
OK, thank you!
I am trying to figure out how to read the Text forms that the Lazarus Recovery forms saved under Lazarus.db.

Different program though. Both useful though.

Akira1364

FYI, both of them use the name as tongue-in-cheek references to the biblical character "Lazarus of Bethany" (who was supposedly revived by Jesus after being dead for four days.) Lazarus (in the context of this forum) uses it as a reference to the fact that the IDE is a "revival" of a late 90's attempt at an open-source Pascal IDE project that was called Megido. The Mozilla web browser plugin uses it, I'm assuming, as a reference to the fact that it "revives" or "restores" your lost form data. Not that any of that really matters, just a little bit of trivia for you! :)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
OK, thank you!
I am trying to figure out how to read the Text forms that the Lazarus Recovery forms saved under Lazarus.db.

Lazarus.db (the mozilla one) is an sqlite database and can be read by Lazarus (the freepascal one ;) )
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018