Recent

Author Topic: Project Scanline out of bounds  (Read 5684 times)

Josh

Project Scanline out of bounds
« on: September 30, 2016, 12:24:38 pm »
Hi
Getting a strange error;

Just installed Laz 1.6.1 and fpc 3.0.1 on new mac mini.
codesign etc; so debugger working in small test project.
Installed all needed extra components.

When I go to open a pevious project that is fine on another mac; I get error
Project Scanline out of bounds error

ANy ideas as to what could be causing this?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Josh

Re: Project Scanline out of bounds
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:21 pm »
Anyone have any idea?

Have tried some old backups of project and all displaying the same.
This is also happening on latest trunk.

Opening project produces the scanline error; when I click Ok, next error is Lazarus IDE v1.7 - Project A  Access Violation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:43:16 pm by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:42:49 pm »
Out of Bounds: turn BoundsChecks off, see what happens.

Maybe your code has always had an out of bounds error that just didn't show up until now because your settings had boundschecks off.
Specialize a type, not a var.

rvk

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »
What version of BGRABitmap do you have installed?

Could you try uninstalling it, or do you need it?

(It's the only source I could find for a "Scanline: out of bounds" error)

Josh

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »
Hi Thaddy,

Thanks for your reply; I am still going through all the options to find out how to turn boundscheck off.. Its bound to be there; just time finding...

Hi rvk;
The project is using about 99% bgrabitmap and 80% bgracontrols. So not possible to remove..
The same project opens fine on windows using fpc 1.3 1.44 and latest trunk, it also opens ok using fpc 1.4.4 on osx.

It is possible; it's something in the project; but I cannot open the project, as wen click ok fwhen access vilation appears; lazarus shuts down.

Could it possibly be the debugger I have tried?
GNU gdb 7.11.1
and
GNU ggdb 7.9.1

rvk

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 01:20:43 pm »
The same project opens fine on windows using fpc 1.3 1.44 and latest trunk, it also opens ok using fpc 1.4.4 on osx.
My guess is that it's a combination of properties in that project for a bgrabitmap component and Laz 1.6.1 and fpc 3.0.1.

(I take it you're using the same version of bgrabitmap on all computers, including the one with trunk)

Maybe you can strip down the project on a computer which works and opening it om the problem computer, to find out which component causes it.

Also you didn't mention the exact error message.
Is it like this: 'Scanline: out of bounds' or does it not have the ":" like you showed?

from bgradefaultbitmap.pas:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.     raise ERangeError.Create('Scanline: out of bounds')

RWC

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:48 pm »
@josh: Is it possible that Apple has reversed the LineOrder for the Mac mini to the PC LineOrder?
As circular quoted in my message: 'Indeed, the line order depends on the platform.'
Maybe worth a check?
LAZARUS  : Lazarus-1.4.2-fpc-2.6.4-win32. OS   : Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2.
CPU  : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz. RAM : 3GB. PCIE : NVIDIA GeForce GT610. Audo : NVIDIA HD Audio.

Josh

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »
@rvk
Thanks for that pointer; I have modified the file so to show if its that file by modiying it by adding to text 'in default bitmap' hooping it would help; i save and rebuilt laz; getting same error Scanline: out of bounds, followed by Access violation.

I am now searching for other exception handlers with same text.

All machines are using exactly same versions of all extra components.
@RWC
Thanks for your input; that is something beyond me; but I would have thought that laz 1.4.4 and fpc 2.6.4 would have the same issue with the same components. Or am i mis taken?

I think I may have to try cleaning down another mac mini and starting all over again, 4th time lucky maybe?

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 12:56:44 pm »
Can you provide a stack trace ? (you need to turn off optimizations and include debugging info)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

Josh

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 01:07:53 pm »
Hi Circular,

Unfortunately when I open project on latest version; I cannot do anything in Lazarus, I cannot open project options; cannot even get to the Lazarus about box as it causes an abrupt Exit with Access Violation.

WIndows works fine on same SVN build; I have even scrubbed the installation and installed a fresh Same Version SVN, and after I instal same version components in; I am in the same boat.

I am at the moment downloading a clean old svn version; and trying to locate at which SVN revision the problem occurs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018