Recent

Author Topic: TsWorksheetGrid AutoExpand [ANSWERED]  (Read 2378 times)

totya

TsWorksheetGrid AutoExpand [ANSWERED]
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:40:44 pm »
Hi!

My I ask some information,

TsWorksheetGrid/AutoExpand aeData and aeNavigation

what are they doing exactly? I don't see much different...

Thanks, and Im 'sorry if this question already answered.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:58:44 am by totya »

wp

Re: TsWorksheetGrid AutoExpand
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »
If AutoExpand is empty then the grid has a fixed size. In my demos it is set up with 100 rows and 26 columns (one for each letter). You will not be able to navigate outside this range, and you will not be able to add any data by the grid methods outside as well. - This is the standard StringGrid behavior. If you load a file with 200 rows and 5 columns then the pre-defined range will be adjusted accordingly.

If AutoExpand contains aeData the grid automatically exands if you add some data or format outside the range. But you cannot navigate out of the current range.

If AutoExpand contains aeNavigation the grid automatically expands if you move the focused cell cursor out of the defined grid range.

In practice I think it is a good choice to have both options combined, When I wrote this, however, I had the idea that there might be cases to distinguish between aesData and aesNavigation.

I hope I remember correctly...

totya

Re: TsWorksheetGrid AutoExpand
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:58:33 am »
Hi!

Thanks for the answer!

I tried these in fpsgrid_no_install example.

If I load one file, the whole file is loaded and appear, this is independent from data and navigation settings.

With the columns, these values isn't important too, because this is almost always 255, this is more than enough, and this is known bug, you said this. Se we talk about the rows... I  see the fpsgrid_no_install example, and I think I understand now, see "Enter value for cell [AB110]:" extend the range, if data is checked.

Thanks for this information!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018