Forum > Options

Icons on IDE very small

(1/2) > >>

BornAgain:
I am new to Lazarus and to this forum.  I have installed Lazarus on two machines - one at work and one on my laptop.  Both machines run Windows 10.  The IDE on my work machine looks just fine (See "Normal icons.jpg").  However, the icons are so small on my laptop that I can barely see them (See "Tiny icons.jpg").  I believe I've tried everything obvious (e.g., Tools - Options - IDE Coolbar), but the icons stay the same tiny size.  In addition, the items in lists usually overlap (as in "Overlap.jpg").

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thaddy:
What are your screen resolutions?
I have the same issue, but only on a rediculously high resolution Dell laptop (3200 x 1800) and not only with Lazarus but with many software. (I hate this thing, for that reason)
If that's the case with your laptop too, I guess it will be resolved over time. These are still not mainstream.

JuhaManninen:
There are many bug reports about high DPI issues:
 http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14688

BornAgain:
Thanks.  The screen resolution for my work machine is much lower (1920 x 1080) than for my laptop (I'm at work now and so can't check my laptop, but my recollection is that it is similar to yours - extremely high).  I know I did play with the screen resolution on my laptop.  When I lowered it, other apps began to look funny.  The thing is that every other app that I have on my laptop work (and look) just fine with the existing high resolution.  It's only the Lazarus IDE that seems to have this problem.  But I will try changing it to 1920 x 1080 and see if that helps....maybe I lowered it too much.

Thanks.

soren.bang:

I am an old Delphi dog but new to Lazarus - love it so far!

sorry for opening an older can of worms but this problem still seems to be present.

I just installed L on the Dell XPS 15 and my experience is the same as for the original poster. I have checked the bugtracker but before mentioned entries seem to be slightly off this problem.

would it be possible to have a setting that allows adjusting the size of toolbar icons? (i.e. the way GreenShot does it)

Thanks for listening

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version