Recent

Author Topic: Event overlay mode for VisualPlanIt  (Read 1888 times)

wp

Event overlay mode for VisualPlanIt
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:13:00 pm »
A feature of overlaying events from various resources in the same dayview control has been requested some time ago. After playing with several ideas I think I found now a quite general and versatile method using so-called resource groups. Please see the wiki (http://wiki.freepascal.org/Turbopower_Visual_PlanIt#Overlaying_events) for a description. The new feature is shown in the "full demo". You need at least two resources, their resource ids are hard-coded as 1 and 2, respectively, but you can change that easily in the method CreateResourceGroup fo the main form. The first number is the resource which will be overlayed by the others. Use the context menu of the day or weekview controls to turn overlay mode on and off.

@DonAlfredo: I did not check the mORMot datastore for the overlayed resources because I think that it must be adapted: The TVpEvent now has an additional field ResourceID which must be set after loading. This is needed in order to tell whether an event is overlayed or not. Please note also that I moved the main event loading into a new method "LoadEventsOfResource" in which the events of any resource can be loaded, not just those of the currently selected one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018